News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting in number to pre-existing setup

Started by GreginTX, October 18, 2019, 05:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreginTX

I have the Obi200 setup with Google Voice and have been successfully using for a couple of years. I have recently acquired use of a phone number that I intend to use as my new google voice number. I have done all the checks on the number to know it can be ported to a prepaid wireless carrier first (since it is a landline) and then ported into google voice. I have read that once porting into google voice, the ported in number will replace my existing google voice number. What I would like to know is if I will need to make any changes with my obi device to work with the new ported in number or will it automatically work since it will be connected to the same account? Thank you!

SteveInWA

Howdy:  your assumption is correct:  When you authorize an OBiTALK device to use the Google Voice service on your Google/Gmail account, you're doing exactly that:  authorizing the account, not the phone number.  So, no changes should be necessary on the OBiTALK side.

On the Google Voice side, if your original Google Voice number was obtained from Google's pool of freebie numbers, then, after you port in your number, that original number will go on "death row" for 90 days.  This is designed to give users time to advise all of their contacts of the new number.  After 90 days, that number will disappear, unless you want to keep it.  If so, you'll need to pay a second fee.

GreginTX

Thank you, Steve, for the kind assistance! Excellent information!