News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Microsoft Joining Forces

Started by LostInJersey, October 22, 2019, 06:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInJersey

About a month ago I emailed the company and it did not respond.  They sent me an email invitation to a webinar about Microsoft Teams.  That did not go over well with me because it looked like a possible takeover by Microsoft.  Are my fears substantiated?  My hope is that Polycom, whatever name they use, stays independent, especiially of Microsoft.  Why ruin a good thing?

peremodawet

Quote from: LostInJersey on October 22, 2019, 06:21:24 AM
About a month ago I emailed the company and it did not respond.  They sent me an email invitation to a webinar about Microsoft Teams.  That did tutuapp not go over well with me because it looked like a possible takeover by Microsoft.  Are my fears substantiated?  My hope is that showbox Polycom, whatever name they kodi use, stays independent, especiially of Microsoft.  Why ruin a good thing?

Hi buddy, I guess that won't anytime soon. As microsoft is also dealing with some patent cases so won't be hard over this atleast for next few months.

Regards,
Sloth Smith

LostInJersey

Thank you.  I am just noticing now this response.  That's reassuring for a while.  After Windows 7 support ends I am switiching to a refurbished Apple.  After that I would not want Microsoft in on my telephone usage.

Marc

Quote from: LostInJersey on October 22, 2019, 06:21:24 AM
About a month ago I emailed the company and it did not respond.  They sent me an email invitation to a webinar about Microsoft Teams.  That did not go over well with me because it looked like a possible takeover by Microsoft.  Are my fears substantiated?  My hope is that Polycom, whatever name they use, stays independent, especiially of Microsoft.  Why ruin a good thing?

Poly has had a collaboration with MSFT for a long time.  This isn't MSFT buying Poly.  That's not to say it will never happen.  But at this point Poly has solutions that work with MSFT enterprise products.  I wouldn't count on on the same type of collaboration with Google as Poly would be crazy to partner with a company that fails to develop their enterprise products.  Just look at gApps/gSuite... Zoho and Office365 have gone through major revisions and development over the past 10 year...  gSuite is still stuck in the past :(
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.