News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delayed outgoing call issue to a number.

Started by LTN1, October 25, 2019, 03:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

Was wondering if SteveInWA and/or other members with this issue could chime in.

I've been experiencing dead air when using the OBi202 with GV to dial a certain number for over 45 seconds until the call is rejected.

I described it on the GV help forum as follows (https://support.google.com/voice/thread/17725829?hl=en):

Whenever I call this number (609)  XXX-1085 from the web GV platform, it takes 45 seconds or more before it connects on the end (as in first ring on the receiving end). When I call the same number using GV and my OBi202 device, it takes over 45 seconds then responds with an automated message that says, "The number you dialed...xxx xxx xxxx was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 487."

When I use non-GV lines to call, it goes through fine. I asked the service provider of the 609 number if they are purposefully rejecting GV numbers and they said no.

Every single GV number that my family uses to dial that 609 number has the same problem. Please advise if this is likely a Google issue--and if it is, please fix.

Most recent calls from GV number (916) XXX-3191

On October 25, 2019
‪(609) XXX-1085‬
3:48 PM

‪(609) XXX-1085‬
3:40 PM

‪(609) XXX-1085‬
3:38 PM

SteveInWA

Hiya:  see my reply over on your Google Voice help forum thread.

This isn't a OBiTALK issue.

LTN1

Thanks, Steve. I hope you got my PM. Let me know if you didn't.

SteveInWA

Got it!  It looks like your failing number is in a thousands block that belongs to some little CLEC, "Local Access, LLC".  Take a look at the table attached, and try calling a few numbers in the other thousands blocks (Onvoy's 2, 3, or 4 blocks, and Verizon's 8 and 9 blocks).  Just be a prank caller and hang up, or apologize and say "wrong number"; all we care about is whether or not the calls connect promptly.

LTN1

SteveInWA

Bah!  I guess I need a cup of coffee.  See below.

LTN1

The screenshot doesn't have the full 609-623-xxxx for me to call. Did you need me to do this so there is a record that shows the call not going through on my account?

SteveInWA

Sorry; to clarify:

Please make some calls to random last-four-digit numbers in the other thousands blocks (a thousands block is designated by the first of the last four digits of the numbers).  It doesn't matter which exact number you calls, as long as you have samples from calls to the other carriers in that prefix.

The calls you make will appear on your Google Voice "Calls" log.  You can verify this on the GV website: 

https://voice.google.com/calls

Post your findings over on your thread on the Google Voice forum, along with your stated permission for Google Voice engineering to examine your logs, and post the last four digits of your Google Voice number.  Note that nobody at Google will be around to look at this until next week.

LTN1

Thanks, Steve. Made the calls and the post on the GV forum. Thanks for following up.

LTN1

Thanks, Steve. Everything appears to be working again for the past day. Your GV expertise is appreciated!

SteveInWA

That's great news.  I hadn't received an update from Google Voice engineering yet, so if it fails again, just let me know.

LTN1

Will do. Thanks, Steve. Perhaps they are will working on the rest of the thousand blocks--but mine at the 1000-block is working so far.