News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Busy signal options.

Started by cici235, October 27, 2019, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cici235

My needs for the my Obi202 device are quite simple. I use it as rollover number to my current Cable phone system.

Example of current system.
1. Caller calls Cable provided phone system. System has "Forward when busy" feature turned on.
2. Second caller calls in while Cable line is in use. Cable modem forwards call to a Google phone number set up on SP1 on the Obi202 device.
3 Third caller calls while Cable line and SP1 line are both in use.
4. Call waiting lett's the Google voice SP1 line know there is know a 3rd caller is trying to call in.

Question: Rather than have a third caller go to a "call waiting queue" can I just have the caller receive a busy signal.

Thanks for any input.

drgeoff

Is that a question to Google Voice?

cici235

It could be. There is a lot of options in OBi (Service Providers/SP1/Calling Features) that I thought might affect the outcome of what happens when the call is forwarded to the Google Number.

azrobert

I'm not a GV expert, but I think it will never return a busy even when the phone is busy. That's the way it works and after about 25 seconds it will go to VM. However, you can route the call to another service that will produce a busy. The easiest way I know is to route the call to NoMoRobo with your CallerID. I don't know if you are familiar with NoMoRobo. It's a free service that blocks Robo calls. You normally would route calls to your phone port and NoMoRobo. If the CallerID is in their database it will answer the call with a message and the call will ring your phone once and then stop. If it's not in their database, a busy will be sent and your phone will keep ringing until answered.

You would route the call to NoMoRobo with your CallerID when the OBi202 phone is busy. Your CallerID won't be in NoMoRobo's database. The caller will hear 1 or 2 rings and then a busy. I did NOT test this. I do know calling NoMoRobo directly will produce a busy. Is this what you want? I need to know if you have a non-GV trunk defined and what SP it's defined on.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: cici235 on October 27, 2019, 02:16:50 PM
Question: Rather than have a third caller go to a "call waiting queue" can I just have the caller receive a busy signal.

Thanks for any input.

Disable call waiting on the OBi phone port.  Then the Obi will be busy with one call in progress.  Yes?

OE