News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Landline -> Obihai -> blinking phone lights

Started by azimuth, May 07, 2019, 02:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azimuth

I would like to connect the main incoming phone line coming from the phone company into the phone port on my OBi202.  When I do this, the result is blinking phone lights on the device, meaning the phone is off the hook or some other issue.

Is there some extra setup that needs to be done?  Or can you only connect outgoing phones, and not incoming lines?

azrobert

No and don't try again. You can fry the phone port. You need an OBi212, OBiLine adapter or an OBi110. All have an FXO port. The OBi202 only has FSX ports.

azimuth

drgeoff

Quote from: Billymio on May 28, 2023, 01:07:45 AMYou can try making an outgoing call to see if it works. Another thing you can try is to check the wiring and connections to make sure that everything is plugged in and configured properly.
Do NOT try that spammers' suggestion. It certainly will not work for incoming or outgoing calls and can fatally damage an OBi's phone port. It will also not endear you to the phone company.