News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Daylight Saving Time not sticking

Started by StudioD, October 29, 2019, 11:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StudioD

I just set up a new Obi200 with Google Voice.

On my dashboard I set up the Local TimeZone and put a check mark in the Daylight Saving Time box, but the phone displays the time one hour behind as if Daylight Saving Time is unchecked. 

I tried unchecking it and saving it, then re-checking it and saving it again, calling the phone each time to make sure it was detecting a signal. 

It remains stuck on standard time even though Daylight Saving time is not scheduled to end until this weekend. How can I fix this? 

SteveInWA

Some years ago, the start and end dates for DST were changed (starts sooner and ends later).  The old start and end-dates are apparently still in the system.  Just ignore it, and it will be the actual time after this weekend's change-over.

StudioD

Well if it were just me I'd ignore it but I set the line up for my elderly father in the nursing home and he uses his phone as his clock. Every morning he picks the phone up from the cradle and looks at the time to see what time to go to breakfast and he's not going to remember DST is wrong.

I can't even seem to set it to a different time zone temporarily. I tried to put it to Greenland time but it didn't change.

Can't OBi just fix this so the time changes on the right date?

SteveInWA

I didn't bother to actually look at my phones before I posted.  I am in the Pacific Time Zone, and my devices all display the correct time.

Perhaps you have some very old firmware or made a previous change.

Keep in mind that you must make changes via the OBiTALK dashboard, not via the device's local web page.  If you do the latter, the settings will be overwritten with the OBiTALK settings on the next reboot.

See my screenshot below, for the correct settings.  Use Expert mode to edit.  Remove BOTH checkmarks to the right of the parameter's value to edit it.  Click Submit after editing.  The setting is on System Management-->WAN settings.

StudioD

Nope, it is still an hour behind. The DaylightSavingTimeStart field said "Default" so I changed that as shown, This is what it looks like now, and the time still will not update.

SteveInWA

What is the actual time zone where the device is located?

Have you looked at the expert-mode status page, to see the system time displayed?  See my screenshot below.  If it's correct there, then the problem is with the attached telephone's own settings.

azrobert

Did you place a call to that phone? I think the time will only update when the phone receives a call.

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on October 30, 2019, 08:55:36 AM
Did you place a call to that phone? I think the time will only update when the phone receives a call.

Correct.  That's why I asked the OP to look at their device's actual status.