November 13, 2019, 10:14:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBi212 from Amazon?  (Read 378 times)
Jazz57

« on: November 03, 2019, 09:16:10 pm »

Has anyone ordered an OBi212 from Amazon recently? They were out of stock for a while and I tried ordering one of their "renewed" offerings, but they ended up sending me a 202 instead. When I asked for an exchange I got yet another 202.

I now see they're listed as back in new stock, but I'm hesitant to order lest I have to go through the return process a third time. No one else sells these either or I'd order from them (e.g. B&H or Newegg). It's frustrating!
Jazz57

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:02:12 pm »

I'll answer my own post, as someone just put up a review on Amazon confirming my fears. The new "Obi212s" are apparently also 202s.

I wonder who is responsible for checking the stock at Amazon. I sent them two messages informing them of the error but they appear to take no corrective action.
RobertNYC

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:45:25 am »

I got a Polycom branded Obi212 from NewEgg a little over a month ago. However, in checking Poly's website, (Plantronics bought Polycom and they are now known as Poly), I looked for VOIP adapters, and all they display are the OBI300 and 302, (without the "Google Voice" logo). In short, these devices don't work with Google Voice. They do sell PHONEs that work with Google Voice. This forces me to wonder if they are going to discontinue stand alone VOIP adapters that work with Google Voice. If they will continue them, why not have them on their website?
« Last Edit: Today at 06:46:58 am by RobertNYC » Logged
RobertNYC

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:00:35 am »

Well, I went back to the Poly site and I did a search for Obi212, and it did come up with a listing of the Obi200, 202, and 212 devices. Here is the url for the page showing the 212:

https://www.polycom.com/voice-conferencing-solutions/voip-adapters/obi212.html

So, perhaps they are not discontinuing their GV compatible series of ATAs, but it seems strange they would not feature them on the same VOIP products page as their 300 and 302 devices, but have them essentially hidden, except for persons specifically hunting for them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: