News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice used to work for me but doesn't now and hasn't for some time.

Started by coolclay, September 17, 2019, 06:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolclay

I have looked and others have had what sounds like maybe the same problem,  but the answers don't work for me.

I have 2 of the obi 202 machines, one I use and the other is a back-up.

When I call on the one I get the error no response from the service provider.
The other says service not configured.

One gives an additional error in the website configuration  "216.239.36.144;Token Error"
I can't remember what the other error says.

In the Google configuration,  it says that I have given permission for my obi device.
But the device does not show in the connected device listing.

I can receive calls to the google voice number through the google app.  But cannot make or receive using an obi connected phone.

When I configure using the obi web config,  It looks like it takes the config, but  looks like it processes for a long time, then just doesn't work.

I have another sip service which also din't config properly but I had the information so that I could manually enter it by accessing the firmware by way of the device ip address.

I would try the same with google voice,  but I don't have the necessary info.  I think mainly the web location to connect to.

If somebody could help me please.   I even looked at paying for the service extension but the link does not work and there is nothing on an amazon search.
So maybe this is my only option to figure out what is wrong.

GeeObi

drgeoff

coolclay

The firmware is 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

on Both devices,  and the web admin does not say that I need an update.

Maybe the older firmware worked and the newer does not.

GeeObi... I have not tried the 3rd party firmware.
I am a little hesitant to install third party firmware
But if other things fail, I might give it a try.

configuringForever

Obi 200, working fine since April with google voice, one phone plugged directly into obi200. Recently, phone would ring; after answer no sound either direction. Call out, get dial tone, dial, ring tone, answered, no sound either direction. Dial **9222222222, get error tone, "There is no service available to complete your call".

Echo back also fails after delete the obi200 from dashboard, delete obi number from google voice account, and factory reset with paperclip with all cables removed, got red, green slow blink, green fast blink, release paper clip, red, then solid green after plug network cable in. Dial **9222222222, get no service available message. As if the obi200 is still configured.

Router/cable modem (Motorola MG7550) has obi 200 given static address, so that I should be able to specify dns servers 1.1.1.1 primary and 8.8.8.8 secondary in obi WAN configuration... Port forwarded UDP 10000 to obi static ip.

Reconfigure on google voice using Android Chrome. The terms and conditions show as grey substitute image with frowning one-eyed dog-eared paper document icon. Tapping it gives additional text "support.google.com refused to connect."

Accepting the invisible T&C proceeds to configuration page with 7 digit calling prefix, etc. Finish setup button leads to google choose an account, then obitalk.com wants to access your Google Account, then Google Voice Account Confirmation, then back to SP config page, which vanishes if you don't tap a button, then device configuration page with SP1 google voice configuring <spinning dots>. This persists for an unknown duration over 10 minutes before red offline status.

drgeoff

Quote from: configuringForever on November 01, 2019, 12:05:22 PM
Obi 200, working fine since April with google voice, one phone plugged directly into obi200. Recently, phone would ring; after answer no sound either direction. Call out, get dial tone, dial, ring tone, answered, no sound either direction. Dial **9222222222, get error tone, "There is no service available to complete your call".

Echo back also fails after delete the obi200 from dashboard, delete obi number from google voice account, and factory reset with paperclip with all cables removed, got red, green slow blink, green fast blink, release paper clip, red, then solid green after plug network cable in. Dial **9222222222, get no service available message. As if the obi200 is still configured.

Router/cable modem (Motorola MG7550) has obi 200 given static address, so that I should be able to specify dns servers 1.1.1.1 primary and 8.8.8.8 secondary in obi WAN configuration... Port forwarded UDP 10000 to obi static ip.

Reconfigure on google voice using Android Chrome. The terms and conditions show as grey substitute image with frowning one-eyed dog-eared paper document icon. Tapping it gives additional text "support.google.com refused to connect."

Accepting the invisible T&C proceeds to configuration page with 7 digit calling prefix, etc. Finish setup button leads to google choose an account, then obitalk.com wants to access your Google Account, then Google Voice Account Confirmation, then back to SP config page, which vanishes if you don't tap a button, then device configuration page with SP1 google voice configuring <spinning dots>. This persists for an unknown duration over 10 minutes before red offline status.

If your router has a DHCP server (I've never encountered a home router that didn't) and you have not disabled it then a call to **9 222 222 222 should work out of the box or after a factory reset.  No configuration or registration to dashboard required.  Indeed until that call works you are wasting your time trying to add an OBi to a dashboard.

And it is rarely necessary to do any port forwarding.

Suggest you factory reset the OBi, remove the port forwarding, reboot the router and OBi and start with the OBi getting all its IP settings by DHCP.  Then try the echo test again.