News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call back when line is not busy???

Started by josephbarness, November 04, 2019, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephbarness

I'm trying to get through to my doctor's office, and the system is busy. I dial over and over and over and it's still busy (this happens a lot). Is there any way to change my Obi 202's settings so that when it's no longer busy, I get a call back from that number? I vaguely remember my parents having a service like this years ago when I was a kid/teenager. I'm not sure if this can be achieved with the Obi, or if this is something that has to be supported by FreePhoneLine (who is my provider). Or maybe Google Voice? (I have them too)

drgeoff

An OBi cannot do that.

My UK landline telco has a "Ring back when free" service but say it is not available for "Calls to other licensed operator numbers who do not have a Ring Back agreement with us".  I've never seen anything to suggest GV has such a feature.  I have no knowledge of FPL.

nelewein

Quote from: josephbarness on November 04, 2019, 01:04:20 PM
I'm trying to get through to my doctor's office, and the system is busy. I dial over and over and over and it's still busy (this happens a lot). Is there any way to change my Obi 202's settings so that when it's no longer busy, I get a call back from that number? I vaguely remember my parents having a service like mywegmansconnect.com this years ago when I was a kid/teenager. I'm not sure if this can be achieved with the Obi, or if this is something that has to be supported by FreePhoneLine (who is my provider). Or maybe Google Voice? (I have them too)

I have also faced the similar issue. After trying for some time, I am able contact them.

ProfTech

It is not automatic but a standard Obi 200 can [re]dial the last number simply by picking up the phone and dialing *07. Might alleviate your situation a little.