News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Timeout before dialing # on obi200

Started by d0ug, December 17, 2019, 02:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0ug

I have an obi200 and am wondering if it is possible to increase the timeout from the time that you pick up the phone and there is a dialtone, then it goes to a busy tone if no number is dialed. It seems like this is currently configured to be somewhere around 10 seconds. I would like to increase this to something like 30 or 60 seconds.

The reason I would like to change this is I have a working pay phone at home as a novelty. Inside this phone is a board that detects the type of number dialed, determines how much money has been inserted and only then if the dialed number is allowed for the amount inserted does it speed dial out the phone number dialed.

So you can probably see the problem here, If it takes you longer than about 10 seconds from the point of picking up the phone, inserting your quarters, then dialing your number, the call will not be completed because the Obi200 has already gone into that busy tone.

azrobert

The default is a 20 second timeout for dial tone. Use OBi Expert to change the value.

Go To:
Tone Settings -> Tone Profile A -> Dial Tone
Default: 350-18,440-18;20

The last 2 digits is the timeout value. Change it to whatever you want.

d0ug

Thank you very much, this solved the issue!