News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiFax Doesn't Send Fax PDFs to EMail Account??

Started by KCSanDiego, November 04, 2019, 09:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCSanDiego

I started a trial to ObiExtras in order to use my ObiTalk account with the "Fax to Email" feature. Set up was a snap. I can send faxes to my Google Voice number in ObiTalk and they are received. I just don't get an email with the PDF file containing the fax. There really are no options other than "Enable ObiFax" and entering my email address, so I don't know what could be wrong. Has anyone had similar issue?

drgeoff

KCSanDiego

Thanks for your reply, drgeoff. Yes, I've looked at my spam folder. I also verified that the fax transmitter reports successful transmission. If you'd like to try sending me a fax, my fax number is (858) 677-9973.

simpleAnswers

THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM.

I've had ObiFax setup for more than a year and it was emailing me the fax documents previously.

I noticed that sometime after Oct 20, 2019 the system stopped forwarding the faxes to the email address.

I've looked through the settings and there is nothing here to say why it stopped.
I know it is not the GV number or fax number.. I tried sending a fax to both the GV and fax number and it gets answered. The fax says successfully sent, but then ObiFax won't email me or even notify me of the fax.

THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS AS THE SENDER SEES A FAX SENT SUCCESSFULLY MESSAGE.

Since this was the only feature that I signed up to ObiExtras for, I've just gone ahead and switched to HelloFax Annual plan instead.

Ever since Polycom took over it has just been downhill from there.

KCSanDiego

Thanks for the confirmation 'simpleAnswers'. I submitted a support ticket a couple days ago. So far <crickets>. We'll see. Like you, I was going to buy ObiExtras after the trial period just for the incoming fax feature. Without the feature, I'm shopping as well...

KCSanDiego

No reply after submitting a support ticket. No one's home. Sad...

simpleAnswers

Quote from: KCSanDiego on November 17, 2019, 05:44:04 PM
No reply after submitting a support ticket. No one's home. Sad...

I also submitted a support ticket and got a reply asking me what email address I was using for it. Then after I replied telling them the email, they stopped saying anything despite my multiple attempts to contact support after that.

Terrible service as expected

DudleyNYC

Has anyone received a resolution to this problem?

simpleAnswers

Unfortunately no. They responded to my support ticket only to ask me what was the account, once I provided it. They stopped responding. I'm sure that response was simply to allow the tech to falsely up their stats that the ticket was responded to even though they didn't attempt to solve the problem at all.

I simply gave up and paid for a HelloFax plan after that since it was clear that Polycom were not going to fix the issue. Been using HelloFax ever since then.