News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI not connected to GV

Started by mellaby, November 05, 2019, 11:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellaby

I just got a e-mail stating: Service Offline Alert -- OBi Device (xxxxxxxxx) is Not Registered
Is GV down or has my Obi died?

SteveInWA

Not necessarily either reason.  It could simply be a temporary interruption of your own internet service, or some other network-related issue.  Google Voice is not "down".

Power off all of the network gear in the path (modem, router/switch/WiFi access point, OBi).  Power them up in that order, waiting a couple minutes after each device before powering up the next one.

Give it 10 minutes.  Does it work now?

mellaby

Thanks Steve. I tried your suggestion but I'm still getting Connection Failed: No Response. I tried a factory reset and  deleted all info in my Google Voice relating to the Obi, but it won't connect to my Google account.

SteveInWA

What happens when you dial the echo test number, **9 222 222 222 ?  Do you hear "Welcome to OBiTALK..."?

If so, you may be able to fix the problem by completely deleting your device off of your OBiTALK dashboard, doing a factory reset, then re-adding the device, using the **5 procedure, and re-configuring Google Voice.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.0.  Follow all the steps, in order, and don't skip any step.

mellaby

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 05, 2019, 10:27:28 PM
What happens when you dial the echo test number, **9 222 222 222 ?  Do you hear "Welcome to OBiTALK..."?

If so, you may be able to fix the problem by completely deleting your device off of your OBiTALK dashboard, doing a factory reset, then re-adding the device, using the **5 procedure, and re-configuring Google Voice.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.0.  Follow all the steps, in order, and don't skip any step.
The Echo test worked. The factory reset worked showing my devices info, but when I tried to re-configure Google Voice I got Support.google.com refused to connect. I continued but SP1 came back: Connect Failed: No Response

mellaby

I got frustrated with the whole situation, so I moved my Obi over to my neighbors and it worked just fine. So now I know it's my router. I did a factory reset on the router and rebooted the Obi and it worked. Yesterday I assigned my printer port to stay on the same port. How the heck did that screw up my router for my Obi (everything else worked fine including the printer) Rebooting the router did not fix the problem. What ever, thanks again Steve for all your help.

SteveInWA

Glad that worked; it sounds like the router had duplicate entries in its ARP table (pointing to two different MAC addresses), or a similar problem.

mellaby

I can't find the ARB tables in my router. But when I was having troubles I always saw my Obi on the first assigned IP. My printer was assigned 57 ports down.

VegasTech

I'm showing connected, but calls aren't going through.  Rebooting the OBI didn't help.  Evidently it's a system outage.

Error is: The number XXX-XXX-XXXX was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 404
(Echo test **9 222-222-222 works fine)

I updated to the latest firmware with no improvement.  I'm using an OBI200 with firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).

Update:  It's now working for some numbers but not others.  It must be the system.

Linse1y

I cannot make or receive calls on my OBI.

drgeoff

Quote from: Linse1y on October 31, 2020, 03:59:58 AM
I cannot make or receive calls on my OBI.
And it seems you cannot realise that:

1.  You should have started a new topic when there is nothing more than a distant similarity between your problem and the existing topic.

2.  If you want help you need to give details.