News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone without ring when using Callback Function

Started by Thunnderman, October 02, 2011, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunnderman

After the latest firmware updated, I found my phone can't ring when I using the callback function. Please help.

Flow :
1. I used SP1 connected to the AA in one of Obi unit and using '3' to callback my mobile ny its line port.
2. My mobile rang and connected to AA
3. I presss '1' to connect the phone line but no ring happened so the other side people not awear and without pick up the phone, the phone screen shown a incoming call for sure.
4. The phone line keep ringing and won't be dropped until I make another call by another mobile to the other side people to pick up the phone or reboot the OBI unit.

I used the same flow in the past firmware without any problem so I suspected something changed in the lastest firmware created this issue.

RonR

Your problem is 100% reproducible here.

Now all you have to do is convince Obihai that it's worth fixing.

tome

You should not use the Obi in this application.  I have thoroughly tested this work-around. 
If this suggested work-around does not work for your application, there is no solution.

;D ;D ;D
I am killin' myself  :D :D
I know, I shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist.  I feel like I am about to get sent to the principal's office. :) 
Tom

infin8loop

Bug reports? 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 What bug reports?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7WuvNKe_g

Call routing for RonR's problem reports:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXZAlfykpo
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

RonR

Obihai Technology,

The problem Thunnderman described may be related to the Auto Attendant Callback problem I reported to you via email on 8/1/2011 that you acknowledged on 8/2/2011 but did not fix.  I followed up with you on 8/7/2011 after receiving the first release of v1.3, but never heard from you again.

Email sent to "Obihai Support Team" <support@obihai.com> on 8/7/2011:

In v1.3, the PHONE Port does not ring even though the Auto Attendant is attempting to call it.  This goes on indefinitely with the PHONE Port in a busy state.  The only way to stop the Auto Attendant is to take the PHONE Port off-hook (which isn't ringing) or power cycle the OBi.

At 11:42 AM 8/2/2011, you wrote:
We are able to duplicate this and we have added it to our bug list.

-Obihai Support Team

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 11:48 PM
To: Obihai Support Team
Subject: Auto Attendant Callback Failure

1. Dial Auto Attendant (**0)

2. Select Option 3 (Callback)

3. Enter 0# (to have the Callback come to the PHONE Port) and hang up

4. Answer incoming Callback

A buzz (or occasionally silence) is heard upon answering the callback.

Riyas

Hi,

I have the same problem. If I choose callback option 1, my phone port is not ringing. Hope, we'll get a bugfix soon

Ostracus

Quote from: RonR on October 02, 2011, 11:13:27 PM
Obihai Technology,

The problem Thunnderman described may be related to the Auto Attendant Callback problem I reported to you via email on 8/1/2011 that you acknowledged on 8/2/2011 but did not fix.  I followed up with you on 8/7/2011 after receiving the first release of v1.3, but never heard from you again.

In v1.3, the PHONE Port does not ring even though the Auto Attendant is attempting to call it.  This goes on indefinitely with the PHONE Port in a busy state.  The only way to stop the Auto Attendant is to take the PHONE Port off-hook (which isn't ringing) or power cycle the OBi.

-Obihai Support Team

"0#" just tells me "invalid pin". Correction, entering the right pin and hanging up but I don't get a callback. Is that "Zero-Pound"?

RonR

Quote from: RonR on October 02, 2011, 11:13:27 PM
Obihai Technology,

The problem Thunnderman described may be related to the Auto Attendant Callback problem I reported to you via email on 8/1/2011 that you acknowledged on 8/2/2011 but did not fix.  I followed up with you on 8/7/2011 after receiving the first release of v1.3, but never heard from you again.

In v1.3, the PHONE Port does not ring even though the Auto Attendant is attempting to call it.  This goes on indefinitely with the PHONE Port in a busy state.  The only way to stop the Auto Attendant is to take the PHONE Port off-hook (which isn't ringing) or power cycle the OBi.

-Obihai Support Team

Obihai support,

Will this reproducible bug also be fixed in an upcoming maintenance release?

infin8loop

RonR, Maybe you inspired them.

Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release 1.3.0(2586):
Fixed AA callback issue where the caller, after connecting to the AA, then pressing one, cannot ring the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV5-LcEmXls&NR=1

I'm too uninspired to actually test it.   I'm not sure why the description says "then pressing one". I thought 3 was for callback.  I'm probably confused, as usual.

Ok, I reread the thread.   It looks like pressing 1 and 3 both had issues. Nevertheless only "pressing one" is mentioned.  And I'm still confused.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

RonR

There's still a problem with Auto Attendant callbacks.  If you initiate a callback by pressing 3, the Auto Attendant calls the requested number back as expected.  If a callback is again initiated by pressing 3, no callback is made.  Everything appears normal and no errors are reported, but no callback occurs and no attempt is logged.