News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NOOB - Couple of Questions (OBi2162)

Started by dlipetz, November 05, 2019, 02:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlipetz

Thanks in advance...

Created a home office business line. Got VoIP service from 1-VoIP in addition to a GV line. After struggling with setup, finally got both 1-VoIP and GV working for both inbound and outbound calls. Even was able to customize the line keys display.

Here are my questions for now:

1) The Messages/Voicemail button. I can't seem to find where that is configured. Checked ObiTalk, checked phone menus, checked web admin pages. 1-VoIP requires *97 to access voicemail. I assume I could setup a speed dial but would prefer to use the dedicated Messages button. Where is that configured?

2) I use (and love!) Microsoft's new "Your Phone" app on my Windows 10 PC to control my cell phone. The latest version now allows you to make/receive calls as well as SMS, photos, and screen cast. I just bought a Jabra Evolve 65 Bluetooth headset which I would like to pair with my OBi2162 and my Win10 PC. This way I can use the headset for VoIP calls AND for cell calls. Will this be possible? Can the headset be paired with both devices? It should arrive tomorrow, I am hopeful that it is possible to use with both Obi and WIn10.

Thanks in advance.

SteveInWA

Welcome to OBiLand, noob!

1) the setting is extremely unintuitive and poorly, if at all, documented.  First, understand that there are two different ways to change parameters on an OBiTALK device, using a web browser:  the device's embedded web server, at some local LAN address, like 192.168.015, or 10.0.0.6, and via the OBiTALK web portal/dashboard.  Use the portal, not the local web server.  You must get into "expert configuration" mode first.  Then, go to IP Phone--> Programmable Keys, and scroll down to Key 7.  It should be set to a default function of "Message status".  Uncheck both check-boxes to the right of the value, to edit that value.  Change it to "Speed dial".  Change the Service to SP1, SP2, or whichever SPx you are using for your VoIP service provider's voicemail system.

Change the Number to *97#;Send=Ass*nnnnnn# replacing the n's with your voicemail password.  Scroll down and click the submit button and wait for the phone to reboot.

Next, go to the Service Providers --> ITSP Profile x General --> DigitMap, where "x" is the SPx slot you are using (A= SP1, B=SP2, etc.).

Remove the check marks to the right of the value, as before, and edit the digit map, and add *97| after the string's beginning parenthesis symbol.  Again, scroll down and submit.

2) Yes, it should work.

dlipetz

Thank you for your thorough response! However it did not work for me - busy signal with "Call failed: 603 Declined"

Your post has "*97#;Send=Ass*nnnnnn#" (yes I replaced all n's with my actual password). I also tried "*97#;Send=Pass*nnnnnn#" thinking the Ass may have been a typo, but still no joy.

I did make the change to ITSP Profile A General as described as well:
(*97|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Ideas?

SteveInWA

What happens if you only put *97# in the speed dial number field?  The expected behavior is that it would simply call that number.  The rest of the string was to wait and then input your password, which may or may not work with your provider.

dlipetz

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 05, 2019, 06:55:50 PM
What happens if you only put *97# in the speed dial number field?  The expected behavior is that it would simply call that number.  The rest of the string was to wait and then input your password, which may or may not work with your provider.

Again, thank you for your response. I dug around the docs and understand the Ass now :)
*97# had same result.
*97 worked!

Ultimately, I tried *97;Send=AssNNNN# and that string worked!

Thank you again for your support. Will report back once I get the Jabra.

SteveInWA

Phew!  Glad that worked, and good job troubleshooting.  The "#" character generally means "this is the end of the dial string", to negate the normal wait time to listen for more digits.  But given that it didn't work for you, it's unnecessary.

RayRay90

Hello,

I am trying to configure the "Mailbox" key on my OBi2062. my SP1 is my google voice account (personal NOT G suite)

I tried the above and I can not seem add it...

Any help please

Thank you,

SteveInWA

Quote from: RayRay90 on July 25, 2021, 03:37:56 PM
Hello,

I am trying to configure the "Mailbox" key on my OBi2062. my SP1 is my google voice account (personal NOT G suite)

Any help please

Thank you,

What do you mean by "mailbox key"?  Are you trying to configure Google Voice on the phone?  If so, read this, and ignore the references to OBi 200 products:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

RayRay90

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 25, 2021, 05:33:07 PM
Hello,

Any help please

Thank you,

What do you mean by "mailbox key"?  Are you trying to configure Google Voice on the phone?  If so, read this, and ignore the references to OBi 200 products:

Hello
I am referring to the "message key" or "mail box" key. It has an icon which resembles a sort of cassette tape.

I am trying to configure this key to indicate when I have an outstanding message.

SteveInWA

Quote from: RayRay90 on July 25, 2021, 11:52:32 PM
Hello,

Any help please

Thank you,

Hello
I am referring to the "message key" or "mail box" key. It has an icon which resembles a sort of cassette tape.

I am trying to configure this key to indicate when I have an outstanding message.

There is no way to do that.

ostridge

Quote from: RayRay90 on July 25, 2021, 11:52:32 PM
Hello,

Any help please

Thank you,

Hello

I know its a bit late to the party but here is how I configured my "cassette tape" Programmable key 7 but on ob2182
The name field is (in mine) an extension# off my (incrediblePBX) - just a display name.  It just dials *97 and the vm takes over.  The message status shows by the big red light on the top and a symbol comes up on the line key display.
AFAIK the cassette butten does not light up.