News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Curious About Odd Google Voice Outgoing Call

Started by ceg3, November 06, 2019, 07:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

This is not a big deal at all.  I just am wondering about a problem I have whenever I call Zenni Optical in Ca. using a 1-800 number.  The call completes and of course I go on hold and there is music, but every so often the music drops out.  What I discovered the first time this happened is that when I eventually get to speak with someone the call drops out for up to 10 seconds, but comes back.  This happens repeatedly and only after a short period of time between dropping out.  I had to call a number of times, so I decided to ask them to call me and when they do the call works perfectly.

SteveInWA

If you need to call them regularly, try this:  next time, when you hear dead air, start talking.  Does the audio (music on hold or whatever) come back on?  If so, it's a silence detection being triggered, which kills the audio to save bandwidth.

ceg3

Good thought, but didn't seem to make any difference.  The thing is, when the call connects the call seems to drop out, and I can't hear the person on the phone and I don't think they can hear me.  Oh, well. Good news is I shouldn't have to call them too often or any time soon.