November 13, 2019, 09:57:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do a proper research before installing.  (Read 64 times)
Billykim

« on: November 08, 2019, 12:58:21 pm »

Obihai devices come unlocked with no configuration limitations on their devices. This may be a blessing for some, and a hair pulling curse for others. Obihai comes with your Sip credentials enabled. Meaning you are 100% responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and security of your device. You are on your own, Obihai charges for tech support. I know some of you might say I got my Google Voice account up and running on my Obi in no time. Note:You did this with the Free setup tutorials on the net. On to cheaper Voip providers. My suggestion to those less technically challenged get yourself a Full Service Viop provider that supplies you with their companies Voip adapter. Yes the $8-12 dollar a month with a yearly contact may not seem financially appealing, but well worth the tech support that comes with it. If you use any one of those Obihai authorized Voip providers, you will be expected to have some, if not all, tech knowledge over your Obi device. I have Voip.ms with my Obi, which is a low cost Voip provider. If I should want tech support from my provider, I am ALWAYS referred on where to find my solution on their tech support Wiki page. My point is this: Obihai devices are not for the technically challenged. Nor do they make great gifts for said people. Pay the extra money for the tech support from a Full service Voip provider. The word Free, or close to it, comes at a price, of your time, and knowledge.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: