News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"The number you dialed has not received a response from the service" FIX

Started by jleybo, April 14, 2019, 09:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleybo

This post is about a solution to the "no response from the service provider" error that worked for me. Don't know if it will work for you, but it fixed 2 months of frustration for me. 

A couple of months ago I dumped my national ISP for a local company. Thereafter, I started getting the error message "The number you dialed xxx-xxx-xxxx has not received a response from the service." on outgoing calls. I found I could fix the problem temporarily by rebooting the Obi200. However, calls would often drop before the call was complete. The error would always return.

Obihai email support was responsive, although it sometimes took several emails. None of the changes I was instructed to make were any better than rebooting the Obi - if the issue was resolved, it was temporary. One set of instructions, involving setting up a new Google Voice account, transferring my GV number to that account and then back to my account got my GV account locked for two days for some violation of terms of service.

Seemed clear Obi support did not have the solution. Called my ISP, discussed the problem. Tech said he did not know the answer but thought there could be some sort of issue with the network pathing and the data the Obi needed. He changed my IP, and I powered down my modem and router, then restarted. I have had no problems with calls since.

flamaest@gmail.com

bitstopjoe

He changed my IP, and I powered down my modem and router, then restarted. I have had no problems with calls since.

I have gone WEEKS without the service error, and then BAM, it is back. Right now all we have is ***9.  Annoying as hell when it happens, damn Murphy, as it always seems I am in a rush.

Joe

flamaest@gmail.com

Quick update, it's only been a few days, but I simply tried to replace my power supply and I believe that the issue is now gone for me. I wouldn't have believed that my power supply could have been going bad like this, but it appears that it was related. I was previously having this general error, or my calls dropped-with-static about 4 or 5 times a day.