News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice™ Additional Terms of Service page not working

Started by PresentStructure, November 13, 2019, 07:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PresentStructure

registration not required and connect failed no response is what i get when setting up the obi200 and i'm pretty sure it's the Additional Terms of Service page not loading that's causing the problem. i disabled the ad blockers but that doesnt work. please help, i'm trying to speed scroll all the way to the bottom on the Additional Terms of Service page to see if i can rule out that problem.

SteveInWA

Which web browser are you using?

Try Google Chrome Browser in "Incognito" mode (open the browser, then press Ctrl-Shift-N, and an Incognito browsing window will open).

PresentStructure

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 13, 2019, 09:02:24 PM
Which web browser are you using?

Try Google Chrome Browser in "Incognito" mode (open the browser, then press Ctrl-Shift-N, and an Incognito browsing window will open).

hey steve, your solution doesn't work.

SteveInWA

I am fairly certain that you are blocking something from Google.  The most likely culprits are blocking cookies, or running a javascript blocker, or some upstream thing (firewall/content filter) that is blocking something.

You must not block any cookies from Google, anywhere in the path from your PC to your ISP.

Try this:  open an incognito window, as I explained earlier.  Sign into the one, and only one Gmail account (you are using a consumer Gmail account, right?

Go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  Do you see the Google Voice number you wish to use?  Are you currently located within the USA?  If you do see the number, then close (X) the settings and go to the calls page.  Try making a call on your PC (over the Internet).  Does that work?  IF you had not already accepted the terms of use, then this won't work and you don't have a Google Voice number, and you can't use Google Voice with an OBiTALK device.

PresentStructure

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 14, 2019, 02:02:10 PM
I am fairly certain that you are blocking something from Google.  The most likely culprits are blocking cookies, or running a javascript blocker, or some upstream thing (firewall/content filter) that is blocking something.

You must not block any cookies from Google, anywhere in the path from your PC to your ISP.

Try this:  open an incognito window, as I explained earlier.  Sign into the one, and only one Gmail account (you are using a consumer Gmail account, right?

Go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  Do you see the Google Voice number you wish to use?  Are you currently located within the USA?  If you do see the number, then close (X) the settings and go to the calls page.  Try making a call on your PC (over the Internet).  Does that work?  IF you had not already accepted the terms of use, then this won't work and you don't have a Google Voice number, and you can't use Google Voice with an OBiTALK device.

i live in san francisco and i do have a gmail account. making calls using the google voice (web) works. but it only shows one device: web. trying to register obi as the second device in google voice settings don't work. i have yet to check out if blocking cookies or running javascript blocker is the culprit.

AJ305

I'm having the same issue. The Obi200 stopped working recently, and after trying everything else, I deleted the GV SP and tried to add it again from scratch. But I keep getting the exact same error on multiple machines. Its not an ad blocker issue, that's for sure. If you do a google search for this error: "support.google.com refused to connect." you will see that many people are getting this, not just with obi installations.

AJ305

OK here's an update. You're gonna laugh but it worked. I used the Microsoft Edge browser to login to my OBiTalk account and add Google Voice to the device. At the Terms of Service step, instead of the sad face, I got a webpage that loaded it but didn't actually show the terms of service. I clicked the blue Accept button anyways and lo and behold, GV is now connected and working.

PresentStructure

Quote from: AJ305 on November 14, 2019, 04:01:31 PM
OK here's an update. You're gonna laugh but it worked. I used the Microsoft Edge browser to login to my OBiTalk account and add Google Voice to the device. At the Terms of Service step, instead of the sad face, I got a webpage that loaded it but didn't actually show the terms of service. I clicked the blue Accept button anyways and lo and behold, GV is now connected and working.

really? cause i tried edge and firefox and it don't work.

SteveInWA

Quote from: PresentStructure on November 14, 2019, 04:08:26 PM

This problem is something on your end, browser or network-related.  It's not something Google can fix for you.

PresentStructure

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 15, 2019, 04:55:57 PM

This problem is something on your end, browser or network-related.  It's not something Google can fix for you.

Been connecting it through the netgear wnr3000rp. I tried connecting to router too, should I try the modem?

bsdaiwa

Been going at this issue every which way, tried all the suggestions listed in this Topic but nothing is working for me. I keep getting this message "support.google.com refused to connect.". I can click on Accept and GV sets up but inbound calls to the GV number after setup results in busy signal. Outbound calls function correctly.
I have been able to setup Callcentric on SP2 and it functions properly. Any suggestions?
OBi device is 200 running firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).
Thanks

bsdaiwa

I have tried doing the setup from different locations, routers and browsers and the results are the same for all. I even tried to setup GV on another 200 and the results are the same. Are there others that are finding this an issue?

Taoman

Quote from: bsdaiwa on November 17, 2019, 10:03:49 AM
I can click on Accept and GV sets up but inbound calls to the GV number after setup results in busy signal. Outbound calls function correctly.

I don't understand this part where you are getting a "busy signal." Aren't you forwarding your GV number to something besides your OBi device? Like a cell phone, for instance? If so, are you saying all callers to your GV number are getting a busy signal and your cell phone doesn't ring? At the very least callers should be routed to GV voicemail, not a busy signal.

Have you tried forwarding to an iPhone or Android that has been set to "Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data?"  If so, did that work?

Does your OBi device show up in both the new and Legacy version of the GV web interface? And is the OBi checked/selected to forward to in both GUIs?

bsdaiwa

Ooops, the problem is mine, I didn't realize the GV number/account I was trying to setup had been canceled. The number had not been used for quite a while and Google had canceled it. Once I setup a new number all worked as it should.

CALYTA

Quote from: PresentStructure on November 16, 2019, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on November 15, 2019, 04:55:57 PM
Quote from: AJ305 link=topicURL=https://filezilla.software/]filezilla[/URL] uc browser rufus =16462.msg101742#msg101742 date=1573776091]

I am fairly certain that you are blocking something from Google.  The most likely culprits are blocking cookies, or running a javascript blocker, or some upstream thing (firewall/content filter) that is blocking something.

This problem is something on your end, browser or network-related.  It's not something Google can fix for you.

Been connecting it through the netgear wnr3000rp. I tried connecting to router too, should I try the modem?

zaelkaleem

Quote from: PresentStructure on November 13, 2019, 07:52:48 PM
registration not required and connect failed no response is what i get when setting up the obi200 and i'm pretty sure it's the Additional Terms of Service page not loading that's causing the problem. i disabled the ad blockers but that doesnt work. please help, i'm trying to speed scroll all the way to the bottom on the Additional Terms of Service page to see if i can rule out that problem.
I keep getting the exact same error on multiple machines. Its not an ad blocker issue, that's for sure. If you do a google search for this error: "support.google.com refused to connect." you will see that many people are getting this, not just with obi installations.