News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 1022 Line Appearance Problem

Started by patlaw, November 22, 2019, 08:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patlaw

I just got my Obi 1022 after using the Ob102 for year. The problem is with Line Appearance. Buttons  1 through 5 work fine. However, if I try to make a line appear under Button 6, the line appears and works correctly, but the label always defaults to a Google Voice label for the line that is on Line 5. That is, Lines 5 and 6 are the same label. However, if I dial out on Line 6, it's the correct GV number - not the one that is on Line 5.

I'm confident that I have the buttons programmed correctly through Obitalk. Every time I make a change, I fully reboot the phone. I tried moving the line to button 10. It shows up fine and work, but it has the same label as Line 5. I even went into Advanced Savings on the 1022. Those setting show that they have the (wrong) Line 5 settings that are synced with the phone. I cannot find any other way that the data being sent to the buttons on Lines 6 - 10 are being contaminated with Line 5 data.

The firmware is updated to the latest version.

What am I doing wrong, or what can I do to solve the problem? I've spent a couple of hours wrestling this one.

SteveInWA

This particular function was kind of a mess on the 1000 series.

There are (as I recall) three different places where the name of the line key is set.  I don't have a 1000 series anymore, so I can't remember which one is used.  One issue was that the main device configuration page only had fields to set the key names for the first page of keys.  Another issue was that it wasn't treating the name of Google Voice SPs the same as it treated the name of non-GV SPs.

Try this:

Go to your OBiTALK dashboard, click on the 1022, and then get into expert configuration mode.  Once you're in expert mode, go to Service Providers --> ITSP Profile x, where x= the SP you configured to use Google Voice.  Uncheck BOTH boxes to the right of the parameter to edit it.  Type in what you want to see on the phone's screen for that key's label.  Scroll down and submit, and wait for it to reboot.  Did that fix it?  If not, then go to Voice Services --> SPx service, and edit the name on that page and submit it.  Did that fix it?