News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help

Started by acie, November 23, 2019, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acie

I had obi110 over 2 years ago

I bought obi200. I tried resetting with paper clip and I un clicked the sw check box in edit profile.still doesn't work. It says the new device was added to another user.

I'm confused totally.

Acid

drgeoff

Your OBi200 has been registered at obitalk.com by someone else.  Where did you obtain it?

There is no way that you can unilaterally unregister it.

acie

Thanks for your help.

I bought the obi110 and the new obi200 from Amazon.

Is there a way to remove the existing entry?

I can probably go to amazon and get proof that I bought both.
The other possibility is that I may have used different emails accounts? I may have used
Amadorcastelo@yahoo.com or homeowner66@ yahoo.com

Let me know if I need amazon proof of purchase. Or something else.

Thank you
acie

drgeoff

Quote from: acie on November 24, 2019, 07:21:28 AM
Thanks for your help.

I bought the obi110 and the new obi200 from Amazon.

Is there a way to remove the existing entry?

I can probably go to amazon and get proof that I bought both.
The other possibility is that I may have used different emails accounts? I may have used
Amadorcastelo@yahoo.com or homeowner66@ yahoo.com

Let me know if I need amazon proof of purchase. Or something else.

Thank you
acie

Please be very clear about your problem.

Are saying that you have been unsuccessful trying to add the "new" OBi200 to any Obitalk account.  Even the very first time you tried the **5 nnnn procedure you got the "device added to another user" error message?

If yes, then complain bitterly to Amazon that they have sent you a device that someone else bought, registered and then returned. There are no resets on the device that you can use, nor any settings you can change on an Obitalk account, that will change matters.

But if you do have more than one account at obitalk.com and you have added the device to the dashboard of one of those accounts and wish to move it to a different account you must first delete it from the dashboard where it is already registered. To do that, go to that dashboard and click on the OBi200.  On the next page select the "Device Information" tab.  Then about half way down the right hand side is a "Delete device" button.