News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie questions! Thanks

Started by tonyd.org, October 19, 2023, 06:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyd.org

Just got my obi202 funny I ordered a (212 off amovon), I don't think it matters much in my case. I have the unit all set up and working very well with Googel voice! All my old land lines in my home work just fine. My question is regarding the "LAN" jack on the 202. Can I add a IP phone there? I was thinking a polycom VVX-410? It would be nice to have something a little more high tech in my home office/ The docs that came with the 202 don't say anything about the port other then it's a lan port. Thanks!

drgeoff

You are not the first person who ordered a 212 from Amazon and received a 202.

There is a router between the two ethernet sockets. I would change that from router mode to bridge mode. RTFM, the Admim Guide available in the Docs section. Follow the link on your dashboard at obitalk.com

As for adding an IP phone the attached may be of interest.

tonyd.org

Thank you very much! I have the admin guid and the ip phone gide now., After thinking it over Im not sure what having one ip phone would do for me. aside frome the speaker option, But I can get a polcom 410 for 35 on amozon so probably not a bad speaker phone for the pice.
Thanks again!