News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 got zapped...now what ??

Started by vtsnaab, February 27, 2024, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

Hopefully some folks will provide good pointers here.

Recently there was a nearby lightning strike & it zapped our UPS, DSL modem & Obi box.

Since then we've been using the GV number via the GV app & via forwarding to VOIP.MS...but=>

We truly miss having the cordless POTS phone connectivity.

Obviously replacing the Obi200 with another is a non-option, but it would be easy enough to use a different ATA to replace that function via VOIP.MS, so I ask:

Is there any ATA which is a best vakue in terms of price, ease of setup, etc. ??

Checking on fleabay revealed loads of ATAs - but I've no idea which will be the best choice.

Any helpful replies will be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks for reading.

Cut-Throat

I use an Ooma Machine at home... Works well... I use an Obi200 when traveling, which will probably not work in the near future..... But so far, it still works.

drgeoff

vtsnaab

Thanks for the replies Folks !!

I posted about our ooma misadventure here:
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=20103.msg114042#msg114042
QuoteWhen our Obi110 went EOL we got an Ooma Telo.
All it was, truly - was a huge waste of $$ & time & efforts.
Their (so-called) 'tech support' is just script readers, and since they are unable to solve problems they just kept sending new, sealed units - none of which worked any better.

Mostly it confirmed that ooma + our ISP is a no-go.

Looking into the Grandstream HT801 I see that it is only $40 at amazon - thanks for that pointer Drgeoff !!

vtsnaab

I remembered that we had a leftover 110 & finally dug it out.

Trying to get that to work with VOIP.MS has been a real problem - which I've posted about here:
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=20364.new

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this could be some kind of firmware problem...