News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

newbie obi 202 initial setup w/o rj11 handset

Started by Magellan, November 29, 2019, 02:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magellan

hi folks,

just got a brand new Poly obi202, I eventually want to use it via GV.

but for initial setup it tells me I need an  old fashion handset aka RJ11 device.

I can access the obi admin panel...

Is  there another way to config my obi w/o  the rj11 and use the Obitalk (s0ftphone)  to make a simple dial-out for initial testing...?

Gotta think there are other options than for me to find a used handset on ebay...

thanks in advance  :)

drgeoff

Quote from: Magellan on November 29, 2019, 02:44:13 PM
hi folks,

just got a brand new Poly obi202, I eventually want to use it via GV.

but for initial setup it tells me I need an  old fashion handset aka RJ11 device.

I can access the obi admin panel...

Is  there another way to config my obi w/o  the rj11 and use the Obitalk (s0ftphone)  to make a simple dial-out for initial testing...?

Gotta think there are other options than for me to find a used handset on ebay...

thanks in advance  :)

Your post doesn't make sense.  You give the impression that you don't really know much about using an OBi ATA.

1. If you want to use it with Google Voice there is no alternative but to add (= register) your OBi device to your account on the Obitalk portal and then use the portal to configure your OBi with your GV number.  Part of the procedure to add your OBi to your account is to dial **5 and four digits using a POTS type phone plugged in to an RJ11 socket on the OBi.

2.  Irrespective of which Internet Telephony Service Provider(s) you use, or whether or not you register your OBi to obitalk,  the intended way of getting audio into and out of an OBi ATA is via a POTS type phone plugged in to its RJ11 socket.

Magellan

thanks for the clarification.

You are an asset to the OBI community

Many thanks

Magellan