News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 202 will not connect after moving - RESOLVED

Started by Dravial, November 30, 2019, 06:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dravial

Moved to a new home. Changed from wired broadband service to satellite. After many days now trying to figure out the problem of why device wont connect, I have an idea, but I do not know how to fix it. What I know:
1 - Obi powers up, I get a dialtone, but online on dashboard shows offline (using Google Voice, FYI).
2 - Ethernet lights on connection ports light up on both ends of cable, obi light for internet on top of unit performing normally. Phone lights also light (until I try to make a call, then they both go out).
3 - Originally was trying to connect directly to modem/router of satellite install, then tried port switch I installed across house in my office. Same results.
4 - Tried port forwarding etc to no avail. SOMEHOW accidentally dialed 3 *'s when trying to do a test call to obi, and accessed the unit itself via phone (instead of **9-222-222-222). So I played in here a bit and this is where I think I found the problem, but I can't fix it:
a) ip address read back by device is not congruent with other addresses on network, they are all using 192.168.42.xx, and obi says it is on 192.168.1.xx (which was hold my old system on broadband was setup).
b) dns address also is set to 192.168.1.1, but on this new network it is, of course, 192.168.42.1 (also then went to device list in router, and noticed MAC address of obi not showing up no matter where/how I connect it.

How do I fix this? Need anymore info, please ask. Thanks.

Dravial

Update: I went back into the menu after some googling, and got a list of dial tone commands for another phone (from here: https://www.voipsupply.com/downloads/dl/file/id/23521/obihai_1000_phones_admin_guide.pdf ), I used option 8 to factory reset (which turned DHCP back to enabled, and allowed the device to obtain a proper ip address 192.168.42.xx from my network), then went into obitalk and followed on screen instructions to reset up my Google Voice account.
I am now able to make calls! Halfway there! However, incoming calls are not ringing on the phone - but they show up on my desktop with a 'hangouts' notification of an incoming call... Some help on how to get this to go to the phone instead? Please & thanks.

Dravial

Update II: issue seems to have resolved itself? Whatever, all's well that ends well.