News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 1022 Setup with Google Voice Complications

Started by TheFoxRocks, December 12, 2019, 11:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFoxRocks

Hey guys,

I am setting up a VOIP phone for the first time and cannot seem to figure it out. I have already tried to find some information here but it seems like I cannot get anywhere. For instance, I tried to get the latest firmware for my device and it looks like it is just timing out and failing. The device does not seem to be doing anything while the update is taking place either. I saw that it can be done manually and will try to do that later.

Anyway I am trying to setup this phone with Google Voice. It seems like everything is going fine and the phone even has "Google Voice" and then my email as the first service provider. However, when looking online from here I have the dreaded "Backing Off : TCP connection to 125.232.85.209 failed". I tried what one user suggested by going into the settings and changing the DNS1 IP (or whatever) address to what I believe is Googles default public facing service. I have restarted the phone several times and tried to set it up again with no luck. Also when I go to Google Voice it says there is no device.

Also I signed into Google through the Obihai setup page too. So I would not have to even use Google to set it up.

Do I need to setup a number with Google Voice first?

Do I need to type in the Obi1022's number/MAC address into Google Voice?

tongsitat

I am new to Obitalk and I also have faced exactly same issue, is your situation resolved? Any tips?

SteveInWA

Unless you are a spammer, provide clear details of the steps you attempted to follow, and exactly what happened.  We have no idea what you mean, otherwise.

tongsitat

Didn't mean to be lazy, but my issue was exactly how it was described/observed by the person above. I just purchased 1022, set up GV and it seems to login fine via Google login, established the GV account on SP1. It keeps prompting the "Backing Off :
TCP connection to 125.202.194.173 failed" status and it also showed the orange triangle but no matter how many times I clicked, it won't really kick off firmware upgrade or reboot the phone.

I did finished the echo test and it's working fine. The light is constant amber on line 1.

Basement_Dweller

I'm having the same issue.  When setting up the Google Voice as service provider 1, the final status shows, "Backing Off :
TCP connection to 125.204.194.173 failed"

I think the description given above was pretty clear. 

Taoman

Don't know if you guys have noticed, but the ip addresses your devices are trying to connect to are reversed.
Instead of 125.204.194.173 it should be connecting to 173.194.204.125.
Instead of 125.232.85.209 it should be connecting to 209.85.232.125.

The addresses your devices are trying to connect to are located in Japan and Taiwan which will never work.

The only way I know of to fix this is to install the latest firmware upgrade. And the only way I know of to get the latest firmware upgrade is directly from Polycom/Obihai support. I would suggest you "Send Message" to Obihai tech support from Facebook and include your OBi device id number.

https://www.facebook.com/obihaitech

tongsitat

I finally got it to work.. The firmware doesn't auto update, so I had to do it the manual way. Logged onto the device admin web interface directly, choose System Management=>Device Update and upload the firmware there. Once reboot, everything just works.

I follow this post: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

ladyh

follow up:   HP (took over poly/obi) said 200 and 202 will be a paid subscription.. my 1022 should work...they have never followed up on my "ticket".  Bad support.  I think they did a BAD firmware update, as my phone just kept rebooting over and over on it's own and now does not work connecting to obitalk site.

Taoman

Quote from: ladyh on December 16, 2023, 06:33:06 AMfollow up:  HP (took over poly/obi) said 200 and 202 will be a paid subscription

Say what?!? HP told you that "200 and 202 will be a paid subscription?"
Did they say anything else regarding this?

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on December 16, 2023, 08:11:26 AM
Quote from: ladyh on December 16, 2023, 06:33:06 AMfollow up:  HP (took over poly/obi) said 200 and 202 will be a paid subscription

This person has been cross-posting this on many different threads.  It's rubbish; likely a mis-translation of some ESL support person.

Nothing whatsoever has changed.  As we know, those devices were long-ago discontinued and no longer manufactured nor sold, and they do not, and will not work with the paid version of Google Voice for Workspace. Unless the term "paid subscription" means "after-warranty customer support", it's simply wrong.

ladyh

He isn't a scammmer lot of people including me are having this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 21, 2020, 05:57:53 PMUnless you are a spammer, provide clear details of the steps you attempted to follow, and exactly what happened.  We have no idea what you mean, otherwise.

ladyh

yes HP support told me that.

ladyh

You are calling me rubbish when HP told me what I've posted and have received no help?

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 18, 2023, 04:56:09 PM

This person has been cross-posting this on many different threads.  It's rubbish; likely a mis-translation of some ESL support person.

Nothing whatsoever has changed.  As we know, those devices were long-ago discontinued and no longer manufactured nor sold, and they do not, and will not work with the paid version of Google Voice for Workspace. Unless the term "paid subscription" means "after-warranty customer support", it's simply wrong.

Taoman

Quote from: ladyh on December 20, 2023, 02:53:40 PMYou are calling me rubbish when HP told me what I've posted and have received no help?

He wasn't calling you rubbish. I misinterpreted your post about "200 and 202 will be a paid subscription." I thought that meant the 2xx series would continue to be supported on the OBiTALK dashboard/website after EOL with a paid subscription. What it actually meant was that to get any kind of support on your OBi 200 or 202 you needed to have a paid support subscription.

SteveInWA was calling the idea of continued support of the 200 and 202 on OBiTALK with a paid subscription "rubbish" which it is.