News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Failed to add device. Other service provider .....

Started by Milehigh, December 13, 2019, 09:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milehigh

So I bought an OB 202 and it literally linked to my Google voice number in a minute -?the easiest device ever to configure - amazing. So I got a little adventurous and bought a used OBD 1032 off eBay for $24. Trying to add it to my Google voice number and I get the following error message. Perhaps a device is like a locked cell phone and needs to be unlocked somehow. I am able to reboot the device as the password is still admin. Any suggestions or is it a bust.

Perhaps I need to remove my OBi 2O2 first?

Error. >>>>>>
Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!
Please contact Obihai support if you need further help.

SteveInWA

That error message explains exactly what's wrong.

Send the unit back for a refund.

drgeoff

The Obihai backend server recognises from your OBi1032's serial number or 9 digit OBi number that it is not eligible for configuration by you.  There is no setting or "hack" that you can make to change that.

In some cases these are corporately owned devices which the "seller" has no right to sell.

iosman987

Quote from: Milehigh on December 13, 2019, 09:39:17 PM
So I bought an OB 202 and it literally linked to my Google voice number in a minute -?the easiest device ever to configure - amazing. So I got a little adventurous and bought a used OBD 1032 off eBay for $24. Trying to add it to my Google voice number and krogerfeedback talktosonic talktowendys I get the following error message. Perhaps a device is like a locked cell phone and needs to be unlocked somehow. I am able to reboot the device as the password is still admin. Any suggestions or is it a bust.

Error. >>>>>>
Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!

tried to make a phone call today and was told by a woman recording "We could not complete your call. Please try again." ... I don't know who the 'we' is .. I use Google Voice - with an older Vtech phone system. ... does anyone know how I determine where the calls are failing - my Obi seems to be working fine - my internet seems to be fine - my Google Voice seems to be fine . Thanks for the information.

drgeoff

Quote from: iosman987 on January 28, 2020, 06:14:54 AM
Quote from: Milehigh on December 13, 2019, 09:39:17 PM
So I bought an OB 202 and it literally linked to my Google voice number in a minute -?the easiest device ever to configure - amazing. So I got a little adventurous and bought a used OBD 1032 off eBay for $24. Trying to add it to my Google voice number and I get the following error message. Perhaps a device is like a locked cell phone and needs to be unlocked somehow. I am able to reboot the device as the password is still admin. Any suggestions or is it a bust.

Error. >>>>>>

tried to make a phone call today and was told by a woman recording "We could not complete your call. Please try again." ... I don't know who the 'we' is .. I use Google Voice - with an older Vtech phone system. ... does anyone know how I determine where the calls are failing - my Obi seems to be working fine - my internet seems to be fine - my Google Voice seems to be fine . Thanks for the information.
@iosman987

Your problem is completely different from that of the original poster.  You should have started a new topic instead of tacking on to this one.

That announcement is from Google Voice, not your OBi device nor any Obihai service.  It shows that your OBi is connected to GV but GV cannot reach the number it thinks you have dialled.  Is it happening only with that one number or all calls that you attempt?