News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call goes through but neither side can hear the other

Started by eiaeioiaae, October 05, 2011, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eiaeioiaae

Hello ObiTalkers,

I've searched for help on the forums here but couldn't find this issue.  Please forgive me if this duplicates another topic.

I installed my OBI100 (directly, no router) about a week ago and everything was working perfectly.  Now when I try to make a call, it goes though - the other phone rings - but once it's picked up, neither I nor the person receiving the call hear anything at all. 

Can you please help me trouble shoot this and get my Obi up and running again?  BTW, I am a total n00b so speak to me like a second grader - a bright second grader - but a second grader nonetheless.   :)

Thank you!

Liz

Kaizer

having the same problem with obi100. have to power cycle the obi and then it works...well for next couple of calls. then the same thing happens again. might have to do with new firmware.

eiaeioiaae

Oh, great. That was super easy.  Thank you!

If it is a firmware issue, it might be corrected with a future update?

QBZappy

Liz,

You should not have to power cycle the unit. There probably is another underlying issue.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Kaizer

I contacted support to request to downgrade due to this issue. Got a reply to install new firmware. My unit is now:

HardwareVersion   2.8   help
SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2586)

So it appears it was a firmware issue, at least for the obi100

menting

i have the same problem, only happens rarely when i was on 1.2.x firmware, but is very consistent (like as in almost every time) now with 1.3.x firmware (I tried both 1.3.x available, both have problems).