News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Automatic Call Recording

Started by Italian, December 20, 2019, 05:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian

I own a 202 and I was wondering if there is a way to automatically record all my calls. Right now I keep the web interface open and click record every time I want to record a call.

ubergoober

Check out this thread.    http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2348.0

There are some vbs scripts.  I prefer to use a free product called Node-Red for this purpose.  If you go to flows.nodered.org you can find the flow I published to do this.  It's heavily commented, but requires a linux computer and some basic linux knowledge.

T

JamesJ

Hello AutoCallRecorder

I have a Obi1032 phone. I have run your AutomatedCallRecorderWithFilter_Public.vbs script.
As soon as someone calls, I would receive an error message from Windows 10 running the script stating: Windows Script Host Status Code=404: Not found.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Steve_I

You may have missed the part where he said it requires a Linux computer. One option you can try is to click the icon in your notification area (bottom right of screen) the one for Windows Ink Workspace. This will give you an option to install and run Linux on your windows computer without having to wipe-out windows. If you have never used Linux before, I recommend installing the Dubain version or other beginner level version. Don't repeat my mistake of first time user installed Fedora. I was totally lost, couldn't get anything to work right. After 3 days I was so frustrated that I uninstalled it and took me another 2 years to even consider learning linux again. Then repeat the mistake, Kali Linux for security monitoring....a week later, uninstall. several years later, I learned those were both for advanced users that already knew their way around in linux. Do some research to find the version that is best for your skill level. i'm still clueless with linux but at least I'm learning now.

ubergoober

Those scripts work on the Obi20x series of ATAs, not the IP phones.  Sorry.

If you have an ATA, I've updated my node-red recording flow at: https://flows.nodered.org/flow/1acb62db43de9b7f8bc0750f02307d54

it allows you to record all calls automatically or you may choose to use a URL to trigger recording on port 0 or port 1.

T