News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Token Error

Started by JonK, December 31, 2019, 06:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonK

Three year old obi202 is giving "Connecting to 0.0.0.0;Token Error" on one of the lines. The other is fine.  Your help is appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: JonK on December 31, 2019, 06:27:24 AM
Three year old obi202 is giving "Connecting to 0.0.0.0;Token Error" on one of the lines. The other is fine.  Your help is appreciated.
My crystal ball isn't working and the scant information in your post isn't enough for me to even make a guess at what the problem might be.  Maybe someone else has the necessary super powers.

Summest

I have the same issue on my OBI200.  Cannot make or receive calls.  voice mail is fine.

Summest

I wish someone would figure this one out.

I have same issue.  Seems it is not talking to SP1?

Lavarock7

'Token error' sounds to me like a GoogleVoice connection?

It helps to know what provider you have, and then there will be lots of other questions like how you are configured for DNS and so on.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

jefb

I had this issue on only 1 of 2 OBI202's on same network, restarts of everything did nothing, and no passwords were changed anywhere (obi or google).
Outbound calls were working, but inbound weren't.  No issues placing or receiving calls on gvoice w/ browser.
This did the trick (this time):
Logged into obitalk.com portal, locate device, locate correct SP, Edit Service Provider (the gear), re-authenticate to correct google voice account, wait about 60 seconds, done.

SQue

Same issue here - tried emailing with obi and they said I need to pay/upgrade in order to get help.  Very frustrating.  Have ATT connection, voice mail works fine, no outgoing or incoming calls.  Error on screen says token error.  Any help? Thanks

GatorTux

It seems this issue has been around for at least a year with no solution I could find but I did discover a work around that worked for me that may be of use to others. I received the 'Token Error' message on service provider 1. I also know that this message is usually associated with Google Voice even though I was no longer using GV. I was registering a new SIP provider and getting the 'Token Error' while trying to register. I also know that service provider 1 was where I previously used GV. So I tried to use a SP 2 instead. And it worked first time!

I can only assume that if a service provider on the Obi was previously used for GV that there is a firmware bug where something is not cleared out even after resetting all parameters back to their default values. Maybe a factory reset would clear it out. But for now I have no way to use SP1 with a regular SIP provider but with 4 slots on the Obi200 that isn't an issue right now.

Hermans

This is only if you do not use Google Voice.
For those of us who still do, this is very frustrating.

Quote from: GatorTux on January 22, 2021, 04:56:37 AM
It seems this issue has been around for at least a year with no solution I could find but I did discover a work around that worked for me that may be of use to others. I received the 'Token Error' message on service provider 1. I also know that this message is usually associated with Google Voice even though I was no longer using GV. I was registering a new SIP provider and getting the 'Token Error' while trying to register. I also know that service provider 1 was where I previously used GV. So I tried to use a SP 2 instead. And it worked first time!

I can only assume that if a service provider on the Obi was previously used for GV that there is a firmware bug where something is not cleared out even after resetting all parameters back to their default values. Maybe a factory reset would clear it out. But for now I have no way to use SP1 with a regular SIP provider but with 4 slots on the Obi200 that isn't an issue right now.

Malassiter

I a having the same problem.  I see the token error (using Google Voice). I also get a meage "the number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider" when I try to dial out.  I get voice messages from incoming calls and the phone does not ring.