News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing voice periodically stops for 5 seconds

Started by Aquaticjim, December 31, 2019, 01:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquaticjim

I have the OBI 202 and using Google Voice.  When on a call, about once per minute, the listener cannot hear my voice for about 5 seconds.  I have no issues hearing them.  My internet upload rate is about 2 to 5 times faster than the download. 

It does not matter which party initiates the call and it happens on all calls at any time.  My internet cable is connected directly to the OBI202 and the wireless router is connected on the out of the OBI202.

drgeoff

Quote from: Aquaticjim on December 31, 2019, 01:48:38 PM
I have the OBI 202 and using Google Voice.  When on a call, about once per minute, the listener cannot hear my voice for about 5 seconds.  I have no issues hearing them.  My internet upload rate is about 2 to 5 times faster than the download. 

It does not matter which party initiates the call and it happens on all calls at any time.  My internet cable is connected directly to the OBI202 and the wireless router is connected on the out of the OBI202.
Unplug the ethernet cable between the OBi202 and your router. Make a test call. Note if the problem still occurs. Restore the router connection and report back here the result of the test.

Aquaticjim

I took a few weeks to try different options.  I unplugged the router and used the phone a few times. I also tried to connect the router in parallel to the OBI202.  I still have the same issue.   I did notice that the frequency varies greatly.  Sometimes, the outgoing voice will only drop two or three times in a 30 minute call.  Other times, it drops once per minute. 

I do have the latest firmware on my OBI202