News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Uniden phone is not ringing correctly. I get double ring like UK.

Started by grazzie, January 02, 2020, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grazzie

I have an older Uniden phone set (TRU888) with my OBI200 and have tried just about EVERY combo of RingFrequency, RingVoltage, and RingWaveform settings in addition to the default Ringer settings to get my phone to ring correctly with incoming Callcentric calls (SP2).  Still unsuccessful.

Calls to Google Voice (SP1) ring normally.
Calls to Callcentric (SP1) get the double (UK) ring. This is driving me crazy.
Even calls routed from Google Voice to Callcentric get the double (UK) ring.

My old PAP2 worked fine with Callcentric (RingFrequency: 20, RingVoltage: 70 and Ring Waveform: Sinusiod) but Callcentric calls with the OBI200 are driving me nuts.

I like routing my incoming Google Voice calls through Callcentric because I get a Caller ID Name from Callentric's Phone Book. Otherwise, sending Google voice calls directly to the OBI200 always gets "Unknown Caller" for the Caller ID Name.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Taoman

Change SP2's X_RingProfile to be A instead of B.

Voice Services-->SP2 Service-->X_RingProfile

grazzie

Thanks for the response. It didn't work.  Voice Services \ SP2 Service \ X_RingProfile from B to A. Save Changes.

No go.  This is with Default Ringer (RingFrequency, RingVoltage, and RingWaveform) settings.

EDIT:  BTW, I'm working in the OBiTalk Expert Configuration Menu.

Taoman

Hmmm. What am I missing?

What is your current SP2 X_DefaultRing set to?

grazzie

It's set to 1

(I set the X_RingProfile back to B when it didn't work)

Thanks so much.

Taoman

Change X_DefaultRing to a different setting. Does it change the ring pattern?

grazzie

I tried about 5 different numbers for X_DefaultRing and some with X_RingProfile on A and some on B.
No change.

SteveInWA

You didn't change the ring profile from "B" to "A".

Remember:  you must un-check both boxes to the right of the value in order to edit it, and you need to scroll down and click "Submit" to accomplish the change.

grazzie

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 02, 2020, 05:55:23 PM
You didn't change the ring profile from "B" to "A".

Remember:  you must un-check both boxes to the right of the value in order to edit it, and you need to scroll down and click "Submit" to accomplish the change.

I did change it. I changed it back when it didn't work. Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of the boxes.

SteveInWA

It helps to understand what is going on:  

The double ring is not a mistake and it is not a UK tone.   It is the USA "distinctive ring" pattern for line 2 in a 2-line phone system, or a true distinctive ring service POTS phone number.  By default, SP2 uses the distinctive ring #2 pattern for SP2.  By changing it to use ring profile A, it will use the same ring tones as SP1.

If it isn't working, then you've made some other mistake, or your ancient telephone is not responding properly to the ring signal.  Try a different telephone.

Taoman

Wow. Something's screwy or I'm missing something.

You are absolutely positive the incoming calls are actually ringing on SP2 which is configured for Callcentric? Check your call history to confirm.

grazzie

Thanks for helping me understand the distinctive ringing.

I pretty sure I have Google voice on SP1, Callcentric on SP2 and VOIP.MS (outbound calls only) on SP3.
EDIT: I'm going to double check my settings. The SP1 is pretty much a default config. SP2 setup was taken from the Callcentric page https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi202.

I'll try a different phone. Thanks so much for the attention given. If anything changes, I will let you know.

Taoman

grazzie

Was that wrong? Should I be configuring this from the local ip address?

Sorry. I mis understood you. I set everything in the Expert Config in the ObiTalk portal. I used the Callcentric help page to config SP2. Should I have not done that?

Taoman

Quote from: grazzie on January 02, 2020, 06:21:31 PM
Was that wrong? Should I be configuring this from the local ip address?

Did you configure SP2 just using the settings from the Callcentric web page or did you actually follow the directions on that page which says to use the local ip address web page for the configuration?

Edit: just saw your edit. So you actually configured SP2 using the OBiTalk Expert Configuration Menu?

grazzie

I did NOT use the local ip address portal to configure anything except for a couple of things below. I used the ObiTalk Expert Config for almost everything.

Locally, I  changed the login password and disabled ObiTalk Provisioning as requested by Callcentric because I couldn't find ObiTalk Provisioning in the ObiTalk Expert Config

Taoman

Quote from: grazzie on January 02, 2020, 06:33:49 PM

Locally, I  changed the login password and disabled ObiTalk Provisioning as requested by Callcentric.

At what point did you disable ObiTalk Provisioning?

grazzie

From the beginning when I setup the device when I followed Callcentrics settings but probably near the middle of my configuration process for SP2.  I've had the distinctive ring on incoming SP2 calls since I've had the device. I had no other issue except for the ChannelRxGain being too high which is now set to -9.

Taoman

Quote from: grazzie on January 02, 2020, 06:48:49 PM
From the beginning when I setup the device when I followed Callcentrics settings.. I've had the distinctive ring on incoming SP2 calls since I've had the device. I had no other issue except for the ChannelRxGain being too high which is now set to -9.

Go back to that Callcentric web page and Step 2 and read what it says in the bold red text.

The problem you are having is because you have disabled ObiTalk Provisioning. Nothing you are doing in ObiTalk Expert Config is having any effect because of this.

grazzie

Oh no. See. That's why I'm posting in the Newb forum.  Should I enable the ITSP Provisioning as well?