News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

setting up anveo

Started by kenstr, January 06, 2020, 02:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenstr

just curious how do i set up anveo on the obi202? (is there a manual, website, video for newbies with limited knowledge)
  is the walk through simple enough to get started?
  how would i set up a simple call flow basically: call phone with answering machine?
     any call flow templates basic consumer friendly or can they be tested out with disrupting service?
  set up e911 is it easy to verify without calling 911?
will sms messages be disabled if i am using a regular phone with now sms/text message availability? or how can i disable this so i dont get charged.

thinking about the basic $40 plan with obitalk
if i do that i get caller id but no name
Could i configure a name in using settings in my phone to show up a name when i receive a call?
also would this prevent caller names such as: states, unknown, government agencies, businesses or would i have to get the next package for $84

i have tried to understand several posts about this but most seem confusing or not united states related or get off topic

thanks

kenstr

forgot to mention if i sign up with obi extras will that supply caller id and name to all the service providers through my obi device to my phone(s)

or will i need to set up caller id separately with the service providers through their websites ie: google voice and anveo
thanks

Taoman

What environment will your VoIP service be used in? Home phone? Business?
Approximately how many outbound and inbound minutes per month do you anticipate? There may be better/easier options.

While a simple call flow is not that difficult, compared to other service providers Anveo has a somewhat steep learning curve........especially for newbies. The joke is Anveo was created by engineers for engineers.

Also if memory serves, you only get a couple free trouble tickets. After that, Anveo charges for technical support unless the issue is Anveo's fault or an underlying carrier. And Anveo will nickel and dime you to death for any little extra you might want.

I suggest you read some reviews of Anveo:
https://www.dslreports.com/comments/3764?1=1&p=2

Here is an old tutorial of building an IVR call flow. It's old but still relevant. But it's not trivial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0VjgOFk_I

In short, I wouldn't recommend Anveo unless you've had a fair amount of VoIP experience or your VoIP needs are very basic.
As one guy who wrote a review put it:
QuoteThis VoIP provider is best used by IT pros. I am only a savvy PC consumer, not trained in modern digital telephony nor a rocket scientist. I can configure a Voip phone (Cisco SPA303) and ObiHai 202 ATA device, but troubleshooting issues with them is over my head. This is where tech support is supposed to come to my aid. With Anveo, you pays you money, you takes you chances.

kenstr

what service other voip provider would you recommend that is:

1) easy to setup with obitalk 2)has e911 3)caller id/name 4)works with obi202?

all the others i looked at were more expensive then anveo, not able to pay for a year upfront and had no package deals, which is what i liked.(prices where higher then ooma too hopefully i didnt make a mistake)

if you have any suggestions or where i can go for more reviews or tutorials to setup with other voip services.

thanks

was just gonna get anveo as alternative for a basic home phone/answering machine. so a basic call flow that just goes to my phone so i can answer or let answering machine pick it up. also would need to display caller id/name on phone. maybe later learn how to block numbers. considering obitalk packages with anveo probably the $84 one with caller id name/number
i really dont use that many minutes as i have other ways to call like gv just would like e911

lol i have know engineering knowledge, but may share this with my friend that has an engineering degree he might use it.

drgeoff

Have a look at Callcentric.