News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trunk group help with 2 obi110

Started by Momo, October 06, 2011, 10:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momo

Hi,

I need your help. I have 2 obi110's setup in 2 different locations.

I would like to know If I can add Obi2's line port to my Obi1's trunkgroup.

Actually, sometimes I need to use conference call (call 2 different countries). Once I place my first call from Obi1's line port, I can not place the second call as my line is busy. So i want my second call go through Obi2's line port. Is it possible to do that with trunkgroup ?

Thanks in advance for your help

RonR

A trunk group is not for making conference calls.  Trunk groups cannot span multiple OBi's.

Can you normally make conference calls through your PSTN provider?  If so, is the second call iniitated using the Flash button on your phone?  If so, you might still be able to do so by enabling:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> EnableDoubleHookFlash : (checked)

Momo

Actually, I can place 2 calls simultaneously with my PSTN line by pressing flash button(without OBI). But If I connect Obi, I can not place the second call. when I press twice the flash button, I have a dial tone (it stops after 2 sec) and nothing else.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> EnableDoubleHookFlash : (checked). => It was already checked.

Thanks for your help

RonR

Are you doing a DOUBLE hookflash instead of a single?  A DOUBLE hookflash on the OBi's phone should get translated to a single hookflash on the PSTN Line.

Momo

I've just edited my last post. If I press just once, I have "service is busy" message. But If I press twice the flash button, I have a dial tone (it stops after 2 sec) and nothing else.

Momo

Is there any way to setup speed dial to route the second call through Obi2 ?

Thanks

RonR

In order to place a conference call through the OBi, you need to use the hookflash to initiate a second call.  Then you need to hookflash a second time to conference the original call with the second call.  Hookflash cannot be signaled or initiated from a Speed Dial.

Momo

No actually, I would dial the first call normally. Then press the hookflash. After that, I would dial the speed dial to route the call through obi2 (something like *2154xxxxxx).

Maybe it's not possible. I just want to confirm this.

Thanks

RonR

I haven't tested this, but I think you can do the following:

1. Dial party number one (using a Speed Dial, if desired).

2. Hookflash, placing the first call on hold and getting a new dialtone.

3. Dial party number two (using a Speed Dial, if desired).

4. Hookflash, conferencing the two calls together.

Either or both of the two calls could be placed using trunks on the local OBi or (with the appropriate configuration) on a remote OBi.

This thread describes how to configure two OBi's to be able to call out through each other:

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk