News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When making outgoing call through auto attendant, call drops after ~minute

Started by BoomerForum, January 11, 2020, 12:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoomerForum

Using Obi200 with GV and callcentric. I primarily call delta airlines' 800 number when this happens. Not sure if that matters.

drgeoff

Quote from: BoomerForum on January 11, 2020, 12:46:56 PM
Using Obi200 with GV and callcentric. I primarily call delta airlines' 800 number when this happens. Not sure if that matters.
You have not provided much information.

How are you calling in to the AA?

Which leg of the call drops?  To the AA or from the AA.

Which provider is the AA using to make its outgoing call?

Are you in conversation when the call drops or are you on hold?

SteveInWA

I am guessing that, by "auto attendant", you mean the auto attendant of the company you are calling (such as "For reservations, press 1, for awards travel, press 2...", right?  The OBi device has its own (optional) auto attendant, so we need to be clear.

If my guess is right, then this is a quirk of the way the airline is using their auto attendant (IVR) system.  They don't actually send a "call answered" signal until you press a button and your call is ... answered by a human.  They save a ton of money this way, because toll-free numbers cost them a per-minute charge.  This causes Google Voice's system to think that it's a no-answer call, so it gives up and ends the call.

Use some other phone service to call that number.

BoomerForum

Let me try to address both of your questions.

I am using Zoiper from overseas to call through Callcentric to my Obi200's auto attendant. The outgoing call goes through Google Voice. When the Obi answers with its auto attendant, I enter "2" for dialing out, enter my pw and then enter the phone number. The call connects to Delta where I enter my frequent flyer number. Unfortunately, when Delta's auto attendant is welcoming me and telling me that whatever i share is subject to their privacy policy, it just disconnects.

BTW, I'm going this route so I can make calls for free from overseas.

Also, I should point out that when I call Delta from home through Obi and Google Voice, I don't encounter this problem.

drgeoff

Quote from: BoomerForum on January 12, 2020, 10:10:57 AM

I am using Zoiper from overseas to call through Callcentric to my Obi200's auto attendant. The outgoing call goes through Google Voice. When the Obi answers with its auto attendant, I enter "2" for dialing out, enter my pw and then enter the phone number. The call connects to Delta where I enter my frequent flyer number. Unfortunately, when Delta's auto attendant is welcoming me and telling me that whatever i share is subject to their privacy policy, it just disconnects.

Also, I should point out that when I call Delta from home through Obi and Google Voice, I don't encounter this problem.
Does the Delta IVR appear to be accepting any of your keypresses? That is, have you already got past some level of their IVR system when the disconnect takes place?

SteveInWA

Actually, there is no good reason to place the calls that way.  Two options:

Create another "extension" on your Callcentric account.  With Callcentric, by default, the first SIP registration is extension 100.  Create extension 101, add a SIP password for that extension, then configure it on Zoiper.  Call directly from Zoiper - no OBi needed.

If you have a Google Voice inbound phone number, then simply call from Firefox or Google Chrome Browser:

https://voice.google.com/u/0/calls

azrobert

Another option is to use Zoiper to call Delta directly using a free tollfree provider.

If Google Voice on your cell doesn't work, post back and I'll show you how.

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on January 12, 2020, 02:34:07 PM
Another option is to use Zoiper to call Delta directly using a free tollfree provider.

The OP already uses Callcentric.  Callcentric TFN calls are free. There is absolutely no point whatsoever to creating another solution. 

azrobert

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 12, 2020, 03:00:11 PM
The OP already uses Callcentric.  Callcentric TFN calls are free. There is absolutely no point whatsoever to creating another solution. 

TFN calls are not free for all Callcentric accounts. TFNs are not available for IP Freedom accounts and cost $.0088 for Pay Per Call. I don't see the OP stating in this topic the account type. I just assumed the OP has an IP Freedom account to reach the AA. Do you know his account type?

azrobert

Here's another solution using your current setup with Zoiper registered to Callcentric. Any CC account can make URI calls. I called Cox Communication with the following speed dial definition:

Speed Dial number: *7501
Name: Cox
Phone Number: 18002343993@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com
Group: General

BoomerForum

Quote from: drgeoff on January 12, 2020, 01:37:00 PM
Quote from: BoomerForum on January 12, 2020, 10:10:57 AM

Does the Delta IVR appear to be accepting any of your keypresses? That is, have you already got past some level of their IVR system when the disconnect takes place?

Yes, Delta's IVR does accept my frequent flyer number and then proceeds to the announcement where I usually get dropped.

BoomerForum

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 12, 2020, 01:43:28 PM
Actually, there is no good reason to place the calls that way.  Two options:

Create another "extension" on your Callcentric account.  With Callcentric, by default, the first SIP registration is extension 100.  Create extension 101, add a SIP password for that extension, then configure it on Zoiper.  Call directly from Zoiper - no OBi needed.

If you have a Google Voice inbound phone number, then simply call from Firefox or Google Chrome Browser:

https://voice.google.com/u/0/calls

I'm not following your suggestion here. Sorry I'm not as familiar with these systems as you clearly are. Just to be clear, I'm using the free Callcentric account so I don't use it for dialing out. I do have a GV inbound number but I don't know how to call it from overseas. When I use the GV app, it says there will be a per min charge.

BoomerForum

Quote from: azrobert on January 12, 2020, 02:34:07 PM

Yes, please show me how.

BoomerForum

Quote from: azrobert on January 12, 2020, 04:38:01 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on January 12, 2020, 03:00:11 PM

TFN calls are not free for all Callcentric accounts. TFNs are not available for IP Freedom accounts and cost $.0088 for Pay Per Call. I don't see the OP stating in this topic the account type. I just assumed the OP has an IP Freedom account to reach the AA. Do you know his account type?

You are correct. I use the free IP Freedom account.

BoomerForum

Quote from: azrobert on January 12, 2020, 06:46:42 PM
Here's another solution using your current setup with Zoiper registered to Callcentric. Any CC account can make URI calls. I called Cox Communication with the following speed dial definition:

Speed Dial number: *7501
Name: Cox
Phone Number: 18002343993@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

I'm not familiar with URI calls or with the speed dial option.

azrobert

Quote from: BoomerForum on January 14, 2020, 08:39:52 AM
I'm not familiar with URI calls or with the speed dial option.

I'm assuming Zoiper is registered to Callcentric
Click on Phonebook
Click Add a New Record

Define Phonebook entry:
Speed Dial number: Select *7501 from the drop down menu
Name: Delta
Phone #: 1800xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com
Replace 1800xxxxxxx with Delta's tollfree number
Click Add

Dial *7501 from Zoiper to call Delta

Alcazar Networks is a free tollfree provider

BoomerForum

Wish I could try your suggestion but callcentric's website has been down for two days. Can't login to make changes. If there another option?

BoomerForum

LOL. of course it works as soon as I complain about it! Luckily I'm not superstitious.

This worked great! Thank you so much!!!

will this work for any 8xx number?