News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant

Started by Doggy, January 14, 2020, 07:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doggy

Hello, I have what I think is a simple question. However, I just cannot figure it out myself.

I am using an OBI202.

1. I have set up AA for SP1, SP2, SP3, with a message on the Menu item. and pauses on all others. Digit maps are defaults. The AA answers fine and is repeated three times if no input.

2. What I have recorded is "Please enter 1 to be connected". Pressing 1 does indeed immediately connect through to Ph1 and Ph2. This is what I want.

3. But if I let it timeout after three of the Menu messages, the call goes through anyway to PH1 and PH2. What I want to do in this case, is drop the call or come up with an error message. it does not matter to me which. So, the same response as if the user had pressed a digit other than "1".

4. I tried changing the default character sent if no user input from zero to various other digits but then entering "1" stops working! Just gives an error.

Can someone assist with a simple way around my "problem" which is perhaps just the way AA works in the default case?

Many thanks,
David

drgeoff

Leaving the NumberOnNoInput field blank works for me.

Doggy

Thank you.
It did not work for me. However, then I discovered a later version of firmware, updated to that and that fixed the problem!
Thanks very much,
David

azrobert

Quote from: Doggy on January 14, 2020, 07:03:54 PM
The AA answers fine and is repeated three times if no input.

Do you literally mean the message repeats 3 times? I assume you are doing this to block robo calls. If the message repeats, you are telling the robo agent how to reach you. You can do the following under AA Prompts to play the message once and not repeat.

Welcome: %User1%
Menu Title: &pause()
Menu: &pause()

Menu is the one that repeats.

Doggy

Agreed. Once I got it working (by updating the firmware), I moved from Menu to Welcome so there is only one brief message delivered. I've also White-listed 24 known callers and that's great too.

Cheers,
Dave