News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling through linked device

Started by dlehtin, January 17, 2020, 11:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlehtin

I would like to know if there is an easier way to call from my first obi212 to the second obi212 provider (freephoneline), that is located in a different location? this is my set up: 2 obi212 one located in Ontario and the second obi212 located in British Columbia. Ontario obi has google voice, callcentric. BC obi has google voice, callcentric, freephoneline. Callcentric is IP Freedom, Both google voice have incoming numbers.  I set up callcentric to access the auto attendant on the obi in BC and set the auto attendant to call using freephoneline. It is a bit of process to make a Canadian toll free call. Most of the toll free numbers do not accept international calls from the U.S. number therefor I am unable to use my primary google voice number. 

drgeoff

You can call OBi to OBi over the Obitalk network by dialling **9 followed by the 9 digit OBi number. From there accessing the AA is just the same as you have done with the Callcentric SP.

azrobert

OBi devices by default are setup to route outbound numbers to another device via OBiTalk network, however the receiving device isn't setup to route the call to a provider. I added a rule to the BC OBi212 to route the call to FPL. The format of the number is "1*1xxxxxxxxxx". The leading "1" is normally the speed dial number where the destination OBi number is defined. I hard coded the OBi number in outbound call route rule. The Primary Line's DigitMap is used to match the dialed number. This can be changed. The leading "1*" can also be changed, but must be unique. I'm assuming you know how to use OBi Expert.

OBi212 BC

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{510222222>(xx.):spx},{ph}

Change spx to the SP number of FPL (e.g., sp1)
Replace 510222222 with the OBi number of the Ontario OBi212

OBi212 Ontario

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<510111111:1>*(Mpli)):pp}

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the BC OBi212

Dial 1*18005551212 from Ontario and the call will be routed to FPL

dlehtin

I changed and used the Ontario 9 digit obi number, FPL is on sp4. Only the Obi in BC rings.

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{ON1234567>(xx.):sp4},{ph}

After changing the first rule,(test call) I then get a message "The number you dialed was rejected from the service provider reason is 503"
Change it to: {(<BC1234567:1>*(Mpli)):pp}

speed dial **1 in set for softphone so I changed the {(<BC1234567:1>*(Mpli)):pp}To {(<BC1234567:9>*(Mpli)):pp} but recieved the same message.

azrobert

I made a mistake. The outbound call route rule should be:
{(<1:BC1234567>*(Mpli)):pp}

If it still doesn't work, post the call history from both OBi's.
You need to login locally to access the call history. Enter the IP address of the OBi. The default username and password are both "admin". Click Status then Call History.

What is the Primary Line and its DigitMap for Ontario?

dlehtin

With the new call rule {(<1:BC1234567>*(Mpli)):pp}
The phone in BC rings but the call does not go to the number dialed.

Ontario OBI
My primary line is SP1 using google voice lite (No number associated with the account).
SP2 uses google voice (Reno, NV phone number)
SP3  uses Callcentric (IP Freedom sip calling)

BC OBI
same set up as above
SP4 uses Freephoneline

Under ->Voice Services ->OBiTALK Services ->DigitMap ->(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)

azrobert

I assumed the outbound number was all digits.

BC OBi212
If all numbers begin with "+" followed by all digits, do this
{ON1234567>(+xx.):sp4},{ON1234567:ph}

Otherwise do this:
{ON1234567>(@@.):sp4},{ON1234567:ph}

Ontario OBi212
{BC1234567:ph}

You didn't hide your OBi numbers. Delete the call history from your post, I don't need them anymore. People that saw the OBi numbers can reach your OBi's. I changed the rules to prevent anyone, except your devices from ringing your phones.

azrobert

If the "+" is only for GV, use another SP to validate the dial number.

BC OBi212
{ON1234567>(xx.):sp4},{ON1234567:ph}

Ontario OBi212
Change it to: {(<1:BC1234567>*(Msp3)):pp}

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap:
The 1st rule is: [1-9]x?*(Mpli)|
Change it to: (1*(Msp3)|

drgeoff

I use a Voice Gateway on an OBi in Japan for it to call UK numbers through an OBi in the UK.

dlehtin

I tried {ON1234567>(@@.):sp4},{ON1234567:ph} and everything seems to be working like I want.

Thank you.