News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Talk Connecting to...

Started by dhull, January 23, 2020, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhull

I recently installed an OBi200 that to my landline phone line that distributes throughout my house. All lights are as they should be and the test robo call worked fine.

I then went through the Google Voice Service Provider setup and it seemed to be completed, but something is wrong. When a call comes in to my number, Google Voice registers the call and records voicemail, but my landline phone never rings. If I try to place a call with my landline phone, I get a dial tone, but my call doesn't go through because the provider hasn't accepted the call or something similar.

I just checked my OBi dashboard and it doesn't say "Connected" next to Google Voice. It says "Connecting to" and then an IP address.

What am I missing here?

SteveInWA

"Google Talk" was discontinued years ago.  You MUST have a Gmail account with a Google Voice phone number.

Follow my instructions, here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076