News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Automated update using yellow triangle via the OBiTALK portal not working for me

Started by QBZappy, October 07, 2011, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

I can not get it to update using this method. Has anyone tried updating using this method? Can you share your results please.

1.  Devices that have been added to OBiTALK will see an associated yellow triangle which can be selected to invoke an automated update process.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg15#new
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

earthtoobi

i always use this and it works just fine.
Note that when device is online,it will let you update.
when device is offline, it points to  link in the forum.

QBZappy

earthtoobi,

Thanks.
Does the OBi need to be auto provisioned by the OBiTalk portal for the green light to show? I think I have never had a green light. Only when I use the OBiAPP does the green light show for me. I always assumed it was because I configure the unit directly.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

earthtoobi

i have always used the obitalk portal and the green light and yellow triangle show up for me.
will leave it to others to tell you how it behaves when being managed locally.(my specualtion is that the green light should still show up)

infin8loop

I manage my OBi110 locally (OBiTalk Provisioning/Method=Disabled).   The unit is registered on OBiTALK and I get a green light under Status on the OBi Dashboard by the OBi110 unit when it's connected.  I also get the yellow triangle when a firmware update is available.  I can update the firmware by clicking on the yellow triangle (I did this in the past).  For Build:2586 I downloaded the firmware file and applied it locally and the yellow triangle went away as would be expected.   I don't run a Soft Phone often, but when I do, I get a green light under Status when it's connected.  I don't drink beer often, but when I do, I prefer Miller Genuine Draft. 
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

QBZappy

infin8loop,

hahaha
I'm still cracking up. I had to read over the last sentence. It just flowed so naturally. I didn't expect it. Good one. ;D

QBZappy

I guess the I had registered that unit a long time ago. I deleted it and registered again. Status shows green now. That seems to have fixed it.

I noticed a nice big Red warning the first time you enter the Expert Configuration, advising something about setting up Emergency number. I had never seen that before.

Thanks earthtoobi, infin8loop

raymond91105

OBiTALK portal update actually caused buggy service for me. despite the fact the web page indicated completion of update, i had to re-apply the firmware locally (first downgrade to 1.3.0-2575 then upgrade to 1.3.0-2586 again) to solve the problem which made voice services very unresponsive (including dial tone) and barely usable for google voice.

this episode makes me very reluctant to try to place a unit where i have to manage remotely ...