News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bbi202 for Fax through internet?

Started by cg50000, January 27, 2020, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cg50000

Hello. I have a Brother MFC-L8900CDW multi-function printer with FAX capability. I do not have a phone line. The Brother machine does not have a phone/hand set, but it can dial numbers from a touchpad. (so i can dial outbound to other fax machines)

I have a Linksysy Velop internet node in the same room with two Ethernet ports on it.

My question is...can I connect the Obi202 to the node (to get internet signal) and then connect the Brother printer to the Obi, so that I can send faxes through the Obi device to a recipient?

If yes, will I be able to do this via a Google voice number at no additional cost or monthly fee?

ubergoober

This should work.  I use my obi 202 to fax infrequently across Google Voice and it's always worked, even from the US to Switzerland.

Some caveats.  I'd make sure the Fax is transmitting at 9600 baud or below.  I'd also move it to where your main wireless node resides within your home if you get mixed results.

T