News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Lost... Everything works BUT....

Started by Animalangel1, January 28, 2020, 11:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animalangel1

Everything works. I'm connected, passed the echo test, found my number, I DO HAVE a dial tone.... I DID do the firm ware update thing at least 3 times... yet my phone does not ring nor can I make calls from it.

I can dial the number from my cell and it asks me for my name and then says it will connect me to the number (of MY OBI phone line) and it just keeps ringing in my cell but the phone sitting 4 feet away from me never rings.

When I call my cell from the Obi line, first I have the dial tone, dial the number and then there is dead silence. Nothing ever connects and my cell does not ring.

The phone is brand new. The Obi202 is old but it's been sitting unused in it's box for a few years. I thought the firm ware update would fix it but nope... everything on my dashboard shows connected, all the lights are working on the Obi.... what in the heck am I doing wrong?

My dashboard DOES show the "missed calls" that I keep dialing trying to connect so it's connecting some where but its just not ringing through.

Could it be because I use Microsoft Edge for my browser? Grasping at straws.... I don't want to change my browser if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

drgeoff

1.  Dial tone means little.  It is generated by the OBi.  Even without a connection to the internet. Even without a connection to your router.  You can prove that yourself by unplugging the ethernet cable and taking the phone off-hook.

2.  What firmware version is now on your OBi?

3.  See the post by SteveInWA http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16691.msg102535#msg102535 and follow it to the letter.