News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Displaying a company info on screen of OBi1062 for incoming calls

Started by azhulenev, January 31, 2020, 10:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azhulenev

Hi,

Is there a way to display custom information (like company name) on screen of OBi1062. Information will be fed from an APi connected toi a database that will feel company data if it matches a phone number. Our provider is ringcentral.

Obihai support tells me that it is Ringcental that needs to enable it, but i think that this feature is disabled by default in obihai phones and needs to be enabled.

Thank you Aleksey

zhangster

We use CallCentric and we control the custom caller ID name in the CallCentric portal.

drgeoff

Quote from: azhulenev on January 31, 2020, 10:44:12 AM
Hi,

Is there a way to display custom information (like company name) on screen of OBi1062. Information will be fed from an APi connected toi a database that will feel company data if it matches a phone number. Our provider is ringcentral.

Obihai support tells me that it is Ringcental that needs to enable it, but i think that this feature is disabled by default in obihai phones and needs to be enabled.

Thank you Aleksey
Like all tech support, that of Obihai/Poly is limited to what the device does (or should do), not what it could do if further developed.  As such the reply you got is correct.  OBi devices can only display the information they receive in the call set up request.  Usually that comes from the ITSP.

If you want to do your own thing you could insert your own gubbins between ITSP and your 1062(s). nerdvittles.com weekly pages occasionally detail ways to get caller name lookups into FreePBX/Incredible PBX. Eg http://nerdvittles.com/?p=33147 two weeks ago.