News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 1062 Bluetooth issue on latest firmware

Started by hkyee, January 31, 2020, 02:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hkyee

I have recently upgraded from 4858EX to 4983EX firmware and my bluetooth headset stopped working.  It will pair up fine but then there is no sound when trying to actually use the headset.  Does anyone have similar situation?  I'm also trying to get a hold of the old 4858EX firmware so I can try to see if I can downgrade back.  Please help!!!

Thanks

hkyee

drgeoff sent me the older firmware and that fixed the issue!  Thanks a lot!

Sienar

I'm having the same issue. drgeoff, if you see this, could provide me with the older firmware as well?

drgeoff

Quote from: Sienar on April 28, 2020, 01:01:16 PM
I'm having the same issue. drgeoff, if you see this, could provide me with the older firmware as well?
Use 7zip to extract from the 3 files. one in each of 3 posts.

drgeoff

drgeoff

Sienar

Thanks drgeoff! Loading that fw got me my BT headset back!

sabatorious

Thank you, drgeoff. The firmware rollback worked. To avoid an auto update to erase my firmware downgrade, I set the Auto Firmware Update Method to "Disabled" rather than "Periodically" for the time being. This can be found on the phone Settings/Gear \ Device Administration \ Auto Firmware Update Method.

AlanMiller

I just recently got myself an Obi 1062 from Amazon. I figured I would be able to use the bluetooth connected to a headset right out of the box, but I have no audio from my bluetooth device like the people who posted above. The phone has the 4983EX.1311 software version. I figured after searching this forum and given the time that has passed since the original posts that there may have been an alternative fix? But it looks like there is not. So, do I really need to downgrade the firmware to make my bluetooth headset audio work? So if anyone from Obi monitors this forum, can you maybe fix the latest version so it works out of the box? Nothing worse than buying a product new and to not have it work to your expectations. Thanks.

jg1062

Thanks drgeoff for helping us salvage a little more life out of the bluetooth function on these old phones...

does anyone know how we might be able to update the google certificate w/o having to sacrifice our bluetooth functionality?
(assuming of course that the new firmware from poly will keep the bluetooth disabled)

stevew72

I tried rolling back but when I upload the firmware and click update it doesn't do anything.  Any ideas?

drgeoff

Quote from: stevew72 on November 29, 2021, 02:22:26 PM
I tried rolling back but when I upload the firmware and click update it doesn't do anything.  Any ideas?
Three ideas:

1.  The extraction of the firmware from the 3 parts I posted has not been successful.

2.  There has been a firmware update since the last post mentioning a successful downgrade.  Possibly that firmware cannot be downgraded.

3.  You aren't doing the upgrade process correctly.

nockam

For those of you who have rolled back, do you also use Google Voice? I need my BT audio working, but when I downgrade GV won't connect anymore. Ideas?

The status just sits at "Connecting to 0.0.0.0". If I upgrade the firmware service is fine, but no BT. If I downgrade BT connects but no service. I also tried removing and adding my GV accounts again with no luck.

drgeoff

Quote from: nockam on January 14, 2022, 08:14:26 PM
For those of you who have rolled back, do you also use Google Voice? I need my BT audio working, but when I downgrade GV won't connect anymore. Ideas?

The status just sits at "Connecting to 0.0.0.0". If I upgrade the firmware service is fine, but no BT. If I downgrade BT connects but no service. I also tried removing and adding my GV accounts again with no luck.
GV does not work with any firmware prior to the one released around August 2021.

nockam

[/quote]GV does not work with any firmware prior to the one released around August 2021.
[/quote]

Was pretty sure that was the case as I seem to recall an update being needed to address root certificates or something like that.

I saw the OBI2182 on Amazon for ~$70 and thought I would give that a shot. Thankfully almost all of my Bluetooth devices will pair, and does have audio, but the Bluetooth audio quality is so bad that it is not usable. That said, my USB headset does not work consistently with the 1062, but so far it does on the 2182. If anyone else stumbles upon this thread Bluetooth on a newer OBI device likely will have the same problem.

Time to get a nice DECT headset that attaches the old fashioned tried and true way.