News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi blocks line port (land line)

Started by gworona, October 08, 2011, 09:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gworona

I have a land line connect to the line port, a regular phone on the phone port, and the internet port goes to my wireless router (hub).  I configured my sip account as sp1 (not primary line to call out). When the obi is powered off the phone works.  Shortly after I power on, the phone's dial tone goes away (at the same time as I here a click from the obi).  This started happening right after applying a firmware update using my browser.  What must I do to make phone calls again?

RonR

Is there any chance you have the telephone connected to the LINE Port and the PSTN line connected to the PHONE Port?

With power removed from the OBi, a fail-safe relay connects the PHONE Port directly to the LINE Port with nothing else in between and your telephone receives PSTN dialtone.

With power applied to the OBi, the PHONE and LINE Ports are connected to the OBi's hardware.  Dialtone should be supplied by the OBi at this point.

An OBi should always provide dialtone from its PHONE Port when it's powered up, even if the OBi is totally unconfigured.  If you cannot get dialone from the OBi when you pick up the telephone connected to the PHONE Port, you may have a defective OBi.

conde

The same thing happened to me. I have 2 units in two countries and both stopped giving line tone to the attached phone after the update. The line and phone are correctly plugged and line tone is only present when the unit is powered off. Swapping them on purpose doesnt work either. The units worked fine before the upgrade and stopped working simultaneously without any ohysical changes to them. Please advise.
Regards, David