News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial out GV from ip phone

Started by serverguy, February 04, 2020, 12:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serverguy

I am new to the Obitalk 200 and trying to understand the SIP connectivity from an ip phone to the Obitalk in order to pass an outbound call to GV.  If I can receive calls to the analog phone plugged directly into the Obitalk as well as the ip phone I have configured.  I can make outbound calls with the analog phone which shows my GV as the caller-id as needed.  The ip phone though will not make any outbound calls and simply sits silent until eventually the fast busy. 

It appears as though the Obitalk is not getting the dial or tones from the ip phone or the SIP connectivity is incorrectly set-up for outbound.  I assume the ip phone is just making a SIP connection to the OBITALK and it in turn send that onto GV?  I am confused by the relationship of the Service Providers and the Voice services.  I understand that the SP delineates which voice services profile to use but I don't understand how much of the actual voice services profiles I need to change. 

When you configure the GV connectivity, it fills in some of the voice services profiles and I assume you do not want to change much there. 

Stupid question, I assume that SIP connectivity for inbound is not the same for outbound and what I mean by that is just because the ip phone rings and works on inbound calls, does not mean the SIP connectivity for outbound is therefore correct.  Again, just my assumption but I am certainly not a SIP expert.  Any help or tips appreciated.