News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Router and Now OBI202 is always offline

Started by kgjulie, February 05, 2020, 07:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgjulie

I have had an Obi 202 for years, using it with Google Voice. I recently switched the modem and separate router that I had for an all-in-one provided by my ISP Xfinity.

Now the Obi is offline every morning, and I have to reboot it (physically unplug then replug) to get it back online to receive calls.

I searched the forums for a solution, but the only similar threads I found were from people who asked questions but didn't get answers.

The user interface of the new Xfinity router is not as full-functioned as my old router, so I don't know if I'm able to log in and change settings.

Any suggestions or advice?

drgeoff

Try changing the OBi from dynamic IP address to static.  Ensure you use one that is not already in use by something else on your network and outside the DHCP pool of the router.

kgjulie

Thank you. This is what I found from xfinity when I googled how to do that:

"there is no way to set static or reserved IPs in xFi."

drgeoff

Quote from: kgjulie on February 05, 2020, 08:07:59 AM
Thank you. This is what I found from xfinity when I googled how to do that:

"there is no way to set static or reserved IPs in xFi."
I told you to change the OBi's configuration.  Not to change anything on the router.

kgjulie

I don't think your answer was clear. Thanks anyway.

drgeoff

kgjulie

SteveInWA's instructions on another thread to delete the Obi device from the OBITalk portal, factory reset it and then add it back as a new device hopefully did the trick. Now dialing ***1 reports the same IP address as the router.