News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo E911 new setup

Started by KD6JIB, January 29, 2020, 03:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD6JIB

Hi,

I was installing an OBI200 for my mother-in-law and got GV setup without issue. I decided to add Anveo E911.

I went through the whole process but it would never register. After digging into the advanced settings and comparing to the information at Anveo, I found the the automatically configured ProxyServerPort and OutboundProxyPort were not configured correctly by the process. I tried many, many times using different browsers and everything I could think of. The automatic process set them to 5060 but they should actually be 5010. After changing them manually, it registered and works. You can see the details in the attached screenshot.

It is all working now, I am just sharing to help people in the future, and maybe Obi/Anveo can fix the process.

Thanks,
Chris

Taoman

Strange. It is indeed supposed to be configured to use port 5010 for Anveo Retail.

Although Anveo does support DNS SRV also in which case a port number isn't required and the default settings should work. I'm not sure which config is used when auto configured for E911.

For the ProxyServer setting, was it always set to sip.anveo.com or did you change it to that from being anveo.com? I use DNS SRV so my ProxyServer setting is just anveo.com.

KD6JIB

I only changed the two port settings.