News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up a small phone system with "standard" features

Started by vvol, February 10, 2020, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Quote from: vvol on February 14, 2020, 03:20:18 PM
I'm just routing my GV to the phone so I can play around with it a bit as I gain experience with the phone itself.
As of now the intention is to use Callcentric for the main service with extensions.
That should not stop me from using GV as a sandbox to play around with.

That's what I thought. The best way to learn is to play.

These devices are very configurable and can make life easier. Example is defining a Program Key as a speed dial or to transfer calls. There are ways you might beneficially use your GV number. OBi's have their own IVR called the Auto Attendant. You can call your GV number from a mobile and get routed to the AA based on CallerID. You can then make a new call using CC, so your business CallerID will be seen. You can setup GV as an automatic outbound backup. If CC is down, outbound will be automatically routed to GV. This might not be good because you might not realize CC is down. Another problem is the GV CallerID will be seen. If there is a function you want, just ask and someone will tell you if it can be done.

When you make a change on the portal, OBiTalk will modify the saved config and download it to the device.  You can see all the settings using OBi Expert. Click Edit Profile then check Enable OBi Expert Entry and click Submit Query. Now click on the Gear Icon with the red E to the right of the device. The Programmable Keys are found under IP Phone. To see the Drop Down menu options uncheck both boxes to the right of the setting. Don't worry about breaking something. If you accidentally change a setting, just exit without clicking Submit.