News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to use its powerful telephone features, such as call forwarding, etc?

Started by preppystud, October 09, 2011, 03:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

preppystud

according to its pdf file, it has a lot of things, such as call waiting, call forwarding, etc.

has anyone tried all those features? are they easy to use? is there an article which i can learn how to use those features?

thanks.

bobbobbob

my question is somewhat related :

In regards to the * codes.... In what config are they actually able to be used?.. Obi to OBi?..  Which i guess wouldnt make sense ( least in my little brain ).. Im using Google Voice.. and these Star codes dont seem to do anything... I would presume GV codes all take precident ?.. and the Obi * codes must be ignored if your going to use it w/ GV?

And thus curious.. as to when the Obi * codes listed in said pdf may actually be used?... when using a different voip provider than GV?... Sorry for my newbness.. tyvm

RonR

By default, Star Codes apply only to the OBi whose PHONE Port they were entered from.

If certain Star Codes are to be sent to a service provider, this must be handled in DigitMap/OutboundCallRoute rules.

I'm not aware that Google Voice supports any Star Codes.  Many SIP providers use Star Codes, but they must be specifically diverted from the OBi to that service provider.

bobbobbob