News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 bridging to Obi100 passing through to a PAP2

Started by Dale, October 09, 2011, 07:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

OK I have been studying various posts (especially those from RonR) and the admin guide and I find there is still a few items I am missing.

Here is what I have:

I have an OBi110 at home. Using GV on SP1.
I have an Obi100 at our cabin.  (using port 5060)
I have a LInksys PAP2 also at the cabin. (using ports 5062 and 5063, static IP 192.168.1.130)

Obi110 at home has GV set up on SP1.
Obi110 is also bridged to Cabin Obi100.

Here is what I am trying to do.

Work phone calls come in via GV at home. (I work from home).
For when I am working from the cabin, I want those work phone calls to also ring on a phone at the cabin. The cabin however also has its own number also via GV which is set up as SP2 on the cabin Obi100.
This is where the PAP2 comes in. I want to connect the telephone I use for work to the PAP2. Incoming work phone calls must go through the PAP2 and private calls to the cabin GV number must ring on the Obi100 Phone port.

I already have the bridge between the two Obi boxes working. If I call the work GV number it rings in both places.

I understand I need to define a voice gateway on the Obi100 to direct calls to the PAP2. What I am not sure about is weather the bridged calls from home are regarded as PP calls. i.e. must the ObiTalk service inbound call route send calls to the PAP2 or should this be done on Sp1?

Calls dialed from the PAP2 can go out via the cabin GV service or the home GV service and I don't see any need for the AA or AA2 on that line at all.

I suspect the route I need is:

{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{vg5(pap2)}

but as I say, I am not sure if that should go in PP inbound or SP1 inbound. I don't want it forked to the cabin phone and the cabin work phone.

I am also not clear why Ron's example of using a PAP2 refers to PAP2 in the inbound routing rules - is the pap2 device regarded as a source and end point?

The object is for my work calls to only ring in my study and allow my wife to use the cabin phone (SP2) independently of me using the work phone. The PAP2 is simply adding a physical line to the Obi.

Help is much appreciated!

RonR

As many many scenarios are possible with two OBi's and a PAP2, it's important to define the exact model clearly.  Is this what you desire as the end result?:

Incoming calls to SP1 on OBi110
   Ring PHONE Port on OBi110
   Ring phone on PAP2 that's associated with OBi100

Incoming calls to SP2 on OBi100
   Ring PHONE Port on OBi100 only

Outgoing calls from OBi110 PHONE Port
   Go out SP1 on OBi110

Outgoing calls from OBi100 PHONE Port
   Go out SP2 on OBi100

Outgoing calls from PAP2 that's associated with OBi100
   Go out SP1 on OBi110 by default
   Go out SP2 on OBi100 using **2

If not, please clarify and be very specific.

Dale

yes Ron, 100% correct, you summarized exactly what I am trying to do. I should have arranged it in terms of incoming and outgoing like you did...

RonR

The following assumes everything is at Default in both OBi's unless otherwise noted.

OBi110:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob300123456)}
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{300123456>(Msp1):sp1},{300123456:aa},{ph,pp(ob300123456)}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

OBi100:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : SIP Support
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{pap2>([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{pap2>(<911:12341234567>):sp2},{pap2>**0:aa},{pap2>***:aa2},
{pap2>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{pap2>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},
{pap2>(<2*>(Msp1)):pp},{pap2>0:ph},{pap2:}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (put anything here)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456:vg5(pap2)},{ph}

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway5
Name : PAP2
AccessNumber : SP1(w.x.y.z:port)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<911:12341234567>):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{0:vg5(pap2)},
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP2 Service

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200123456)

Where:

aaa is your local area code.
200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi110.
300123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi100.
12341234567 is the number to call when 911 is dialed (OBi100/PAP2).
w.x.y.z:port is the LAN IP address and port of the PAP2.

Dale

Fantastic Ron - I will work through all that carefully and give it a go ! Your help in the forum is much appreciated !

Dale

Some progress:

calls to the work number at home ring at home and on the PAP2 at the cabin. Good.
Calls to the cabin ring on PH. Good.
So the bridging and VG5 seem to be working.

I cannot dial anything from the PAP2 though. I get dial tone and any number I dial results in busy signal.
(Even for OB commands such as **0)

PAP2 (I am using Line 2) is set as follows:
SIP Port: 5063 
Proxy: 192.168.1.131:5060    (Cabin Obi box and port, also tried without the port number)
Register: No
User id: PAP2
Dial plan: ([x*][x*].)
Enable ip dialling: no (also tried yes)

Cabin SP1 X_InboundCallRoute: {pap2>([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{pap2>(<911:12073243644>):sp2},{pap2>**0:aa},{pap2>***:aa2},{pap2>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{pap2>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(<2*>(Msp1)):pp},{pap2>0:ph},{pap2:}

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

RonR

Is the PAP2 set to?:

Make Call Without Reg: Yes

IP Dialing is not required.

Dale

yes make and ans calls without registration are both set to YES on the PAP2.

Dale

are attempts to dial out from the PAP2 regarded as inbound calls on the Obi?

If so how would the the name 'pap2' get associated with the pap2 rules in the inbound call route of SP1 on the obi?  Does it assume that because there is a 'PAP2' VG5 pointing to the PAP2 device that incoming dial attempts from that IP address are from the same device?

RonR

When you make a call from the PAP2, the PAP2 sends the call to its Proxy Server (192.168.1.131:5060) which is the OBi100.  Port 5060 is SP1.  The PAP2's UserID (pap2) becomes the incoming CallerID, which is matched in SP1's X_InboundCallRoute rules.  These rules also match the called number pattern to decide where to route the call.  For example, the {pap2>**0:aa} rule sends calls from the pap2 dialed as **0 to the Auto Attendant.

VG5 is used to send calls from the OBi100 to the PAP2.

SP1 status should be:  Registration Not Required

Dale

the status shown in obi dashboard for SP1 is 'not configured'

yet the config has been added via the obiexpert screens

RonR

I only deal with the OBi directly, so I can't help you with OBiTALK Web Portal issues.

In the OBi itself, SP1 status should be : Registration Not Required

Dale

in the direct mode (accessing the IP address of the obi directly)

it also says: SP1 not configured

yesterday I was using this method to configure the OBI and then I found that it consistently refused to make the changes for X_InboundCallRoute  so after numerous tries and reboots of the Obi I use the Obitalk interface and that accepted the X_InboundCallRoute change. Now that it is there perhaps I can go back to the direct access...

I'll check everything yet again....

Dale

I notiec that userauth field was empty again so I entered some text,

now SP1 says registration not required.

But PAP2 still does not get to AA if I dial **0

RonR

You have to use the OBiTALK Web Portal *OR* configure the OBi directly.  You cannot alternate.

If you configure the OBi directly, you have to disable Auto Provisioning (that the OBiTALK Web Portal uses):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disable

Failure to do so will result in the OBiTALK Web Portal reconfiguring your OBi with its settings.

Dale

wow. OK

I have now disabled that and will look at all the settings again.  Thanks.

Dale

some progress:

after checking everything again and using only direct config with provisioning disabled it still did not work.

So I tried changing the display name in the PAP2 from PAP2 to pap2 (thus matching the text casing in the X_InboundCallRoute in the obi) - and now it seems to be dialing, but it seems to call home no matter what number I dial....

I was able to get the AA at **0

SP1 X_InboundCallRoute  is
{pap2>([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{pap2>(<911:12073243644>):sp2},{pap2>**0:aa},{pap2>***:aa2},{pap2>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{pap2>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(<2*>(Msp1)):pp},{pap2>0:ph},{pap2:}

RonR

Quote from: Dale on October 10, 2011, 01:38:01 PM
and now it seems to be dialing, but it seems to call home no matter what number I dial....

I was able to get the AA at **0

If by that you mean **0 reaches the OBi100 Auto Attendant and trying to dial a normal number reaches the PHONE Port of the OBi110, check this in the OBi110:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{300123456>(Msp1):sp1},{300123456:aa},{ph,pp(ob300123456)}

Make sure 300123456 has been replaced by the OBiTALK number of the OBi100.

You can gain a lot of insight about what's actually happening by looking at the Call Status and Call History in both OBi's.

Dale

Yup, pretty much, I have this:

{300123456>(Msp1):sp1},{ph,pp(ob300123456)}

With the corresponding obi numbers)

Since I am not needing the AA I can leave out the
{300123456:aa},
bit right?

I have been looking at the call history (I am at the cabin end) but I am not sure what the last column is meant to indicate... for example it seems to show what was dialed on the PAP, such as:

2*5   when I attempted to dial speed dial 5
(are speed dials expected to work from the PAP2?)

RonR

Quote from: Dale on October 10, 2011, 02:31:51 PM
Since I am not needing the AA I can leave out the
{300123456:aa},
bit right?

I would not recommend taking that out.  Leaving it in allows you to reach the OBi110 AA from the the OBi100 (both PHONE Port and PAP2) by dialing **9 + 200123456.  More importantly, without it, such calls will try to loop back to the OBi100.

Also, get things working before you start modifying them.

Quote from: Dale on October 10, 2011, 02:31:51 PM
2*5   when I attempted to dial speed dial 5
(are speed dials expected to work from the PAP2?)

Speed Dials work only from the PHONE Port the way OBihai has them implemented.

Unless you dial a valid number, you will receive a busy signal.