News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

(FIXED) GV CID outbound "UNKNOWN CALLER"

Started by Loughary, February 15, 2011, 04:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoNotDisturb

I registered 4 GoogleVoice numbers (some time ago) which I gave away to my family members.

I notice that 2 GV numbers are showing up "UNKNOWN" while the other two are OK.  All 4 of them are in the same area code and prefix.

I note the 2 UNKNOWN are "registered" to my mobile phone, while the 2 good ones are "registered" to my landline.

Is anyone experiencing UNKNOWN GV number noticing the same pattern as I do?  If yes, maybe we can report this to Google to help them fix the issue.

Loughary

Quote from: DoNotDisturb on February 27, 2011, 10:23:08 AM
I registered 4 GoogleVoice numbers (some time ago) which I gave away to my family members.

I notice that 2 GV numbers are showing up "UNKNOWN" while the other two are OK.  All 4 of them are in the same area code and prefix.

I note the 2 UNKNOWN are "registered" to my mobile phone, while the 2 good ones are "registered" to my landline.

Is anyone experiencing UNKNOWN GV number noticing the same pattern as I do?  If yes, maybe we can report this to Google to help them fix the issue.

@DoNotDisturb

I think you found the problem!!!  I just created a new GV account and used a landline to register the new number and the CID is working perfectly!!!  I think it does have something to do with when you setup the account and register with a mobile phone.  If someone else can try this to confirm this with setting up a new GV account and use a landline to register.

Thanks.

DoNotDisturb

All of my GV numbers are showing outbound CallerID too!  Thank you Google!

MichiganTelephone

Glad to hear this got fixed.  So for future reference, seems like it takes Google Voice about two weeks to deal with an issue like this (was the same when Google Voice was suddenly unable to send calls to certain Gizmo5 accounts last year; it took them a little over two weeks to fix that as well).

I guess this is acceptable for a free service, but heaven help them if they ever start charging for Google Voice service and it takes them this long to fix something like this, because I suspect that paying users would not have much of a sense of humor about this sort of delay. >:(  But for free, I guess we have to learn to live with hiccups like this. ::)
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Loughary

As others are reporting...it seems to be fixed.